Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA: Rare 1963 Gibson Les Paul SG Guitar - $3950 (Abilene, Texas)

This showed up on the Austin Craigslist. It’s definitely not mine.

I didn't post a picture because...well, you'll see.

Don’t click the link yet. Read the description first:

I have had this 1963 Gibson Les Paul SG for over 30 years and I have done all the work myself. I was doing this to play myself and not sell. I was in a bad car wreck recently and nearly died and can't play any longer. The refinishing I did wasn't the greatest, but this guitar plays so easy and has great action (1 3/4 neck). Sorry do not have original case, but get this aftermarket case is included. It has all original parts except the tuner keys and knobs which are official Gibson replacement parts. Now for the cons, it has a very small crack in the back of the headstock which has been repaired and I tried to patch the binding on the neck and it really looks bad but you can't see it from the front. The finish has 2 small drips from the refinishing. The serial number is # 89405 and it's been sanded a few time but you can still see it. We can FaceTime and maybe you can see guitar better if needed.
If someone wanted to recondition this guitar I'm sure it would be worth many thousands more.
Some Cherry 1962-63 Les Paul SG's sell for up to $ 25,000.00 so this one is a bargain to own a piece of history
of a 56 year old guitar from the late legendary Les Paul. The 1963 was the last year for this model Les Paul.

I come to Austin often and would be glad to show it to interested parties.

Thank you for your consideration!

make / manufacturer: Gibson
model name / number: Les Paul SG

Okay, ready? Here we go. Prepare to be amazed.

https://austin.craigslist.org/msg/6815781102.html

Well, it appears it's no longer available. I guess some lucky individual must have snapped it up.

Knowing that might happen and that we might never get a chance to see something this, um, unique again, I saved a few of the pictures before it went away.

01414_bA02ipu3zQr_600x450.jpg

00505_llVOgBkJi6L_600x450.jpg

00v0v_54AB3zkur0K_600x450.jpg

00w0w_fYePEyDmW8K_600x450.jpg

"I come to Austin often, and would be glad to show it to interested parties."  Considering how many guitarists and guitar shops there are in Austin, he'd probably get lots of attention anywhere he tried to sell this guitar.  Just not the good kind, more like the GTFO kind.

5 hours ago, Marvelicious said:

Gotta admit... Better than expected. I was expecting :IMG_3584_zpsbctqofgm.thumb.jpg.34f3de0337a984f438950bd7c356e177.jpg

Now that's what I call a excellent repair job,well hidden and................................no expense spared obviously:lol:

On 2/12/2019 at 12:52 PM, Dana_V said:

Well, it appears it's no longer available. I guess some lucky individual must have snapped it up.

Knowing that might happen and that we might never get a chance to see something this, um, unique again, I saved a few of the pictures before it went away.

01414_bA02ipu3zQr_600x450.jpg

00505_llVOgBkJi6L_600x450.jpg

00v0v_54AB3zkur0K_600x450.jpg

00w0w_fYePEyDmW8K_600x450.jpg

Wtf is that?!?  I was disappointed when I clicked the link and it was no longer available. Then I scrolled down and saw these pics. I literally stopped and did a double take. Kinda reminds me of the ending of Raiders of the Lost Ark when the nazis faces melted off...

50 minutes ago, prototype-fan said:

Of course we're not saying that. Now how much would you be willing to pay for a 1959 Les Paul Standard?

OMG, he took me seriously.  But, to answer you question.  

Archived