Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Some "Fairly Nice" Hamers for sale

Okay, I realize this is more than a wee bit redundant, as I was "outed" a few days ago. But I suppose I should make a legitimate offer here.

FWIW, I sort of use the local CL as a convenient way to draft sale notices. It is a convenient way to gather info, pictures and have a chance to go back and proofread for errors. And, for all the horror stories, I have actually sold a surprising amount of gear locally. Well, at least after ignoring the bottom dwelling, Mouth breathing  low ballers and ridiculous trade offers. ("No, I do NOT want your yellow school bus!")

First, the limited edition.

I guess I have had at least one of the various limited editions that Hamer produced. I continue to think they represented the best of what Hamer turned out. This is the second of the two I owned. I kept it above the first, as I thought it was just slightly better. But I have not played it much. As much as I DO like it, there are some other instruments that get virtually all of my attention, so it is time to do a bit more house cleaning. Or, sooner or later, someone I leave behind is going to have to sift through way too much "stuff".

To celebrate their 30th Anniversary, Hamer produced a limited edition of 30 special versions of their Studio Custom model. With a one piece mahogany body, incredible figured maple top, multi-ply binding, Brazilian Rosewood fingerboard, Seymour Duncan Antiquity pickups, a version of their "Victory" inlays and an upgraded hardshell case, it is one of their better releases. Not to mention hard to find. Excellent for either collectors or serious players looking for a great playing, vintage sounding guitar.

If you can find a mark, other than a touch of tarnish on the pickups, you may have sharper eyes than me.

I am asking $3,000, including shipping, CONUS only. Please add payment fees, if needed.  NOW SOLD.

.hamer 30th 9.jpg

Hamer 30th 1.jpghamer 30th 7.jpg

hamer 30th 8.jpghamer 30th 12.jpg

hamer 30th 4.jpghamer 30th 10.jpg

Hamer 30th 3.jpg

Second, the Monaco III. I have owned 3, all with upgraded pickups. I kept this one, even over the spectacular CO that originally came from Kiz. What can I say, I love "blondes". And this one has the best pickups of any of them. From my other ad....

Here is a larger bodied hollow guitar with 3 P-90 pickups. Most of these seem to have been made in a red color. Nice, but I think the natural finish is much classier.
This one has been upgraded with ebony trim, an upgraded Bigsby and, most importantly, three Harmonic Design VP-90 pickups. The weak part of this model (and many Hamer guitars, IMO) is the use of "generic" Seymour Duncan pickups that often are below the performance level of such great guitars.

I might say that this picks up some of the vibe of 50s era Gibson guitars, and with the 5 way switch, it can also perform as a "Strat on steroids". But very different than a typical "archtop" given the solid but carved out mahogany body.

This guitar comes with the original hardshell case and COA. In addition, there is a not-so-small box of parts including the originally installed Bigsby. There is a complete set of gold Schaller tuners, a gold "Chet Atkins" Bigsby arm, some extra bridges (chrome and gold) and a complete (unused) Bigsby B-5 set.  I can provide more info if desired. I was told the parts are potentially worth $300. YMMV. They have value, but not that much IMO.

IN any case, I am asking $1950 for the whole batch. Inc CONUS shipping.

I guess I can find a few more pix, but this will start.hamer monaco III Natural.jpg

IMG_08871_zps077f743b.jpgIMG_1221_zpsjruepyzr.jpg

(In answer to the above.....Yes, I DID get this from Mitch. I forget how long ago. He really set it up nicely with the upgrades. He did NOT include the personalized TRC).

And, finally, the Duo-Tone.....My camera seems to be acting up, but let me go with what I have.

SOLD!

The Duo-Tone IS the one made famous by Brooks. Could not resist when it popped up, because it is the perfect (IMO) blend of upgraded pickups with the piezo set-up. I DO have the same set-up in the "Old Silver" Duo-Tone Custom, which is the subject of at least two "dibs demands". But I just cannot bring myself around to giving it up.  No real need to keep TWO that cover the same ground.

Def has play wear, some on the cowboy chord area frets. It was in need of a little TLC when I got it....I did a bit of cleaning, lubrication of noisy pots and new strings and I would say it is ready to go.

Many of the guitars I have sold have been near mint. This one is not that, given the wear. But it seems to me there is a lot of good life, all set for someone that wants a versatile setup for live use.

Asking $900, shipped CONUS.

From CL....

A great guitar that allows both electric and acoustic sounds. On this one, the pickups have been upgraded to Duncan Phat Cat Neck) and a hotter Rio BBQ bridge. They blend very well with the piezo bridge pickup that produces very nice 'acoustic" sounds......You can blend them into a single amp or separate to amplify each signal separately.
It has been played a fair amount, so it is not in mint condition. But a great and versatile player. With non-original HSC.

SOLD......This has been a very interesting week or so. SIX guitars sold in less than 2 weeks.....STARTING to undo that damage done by spending in the couple months before that! MAYBE I need to find a few more to post(?)

IMG_2173.JPG

IMG_2176 - Copy.JPG

IMG_2175.JPG

On 2/12/2019 at 4:10 PM, cynic said:

Is that the Feynman III?  I like the nickel hardware on that one.

557.jpg

That was my first thought as well.  I think I recognized the floor:

On 2/12/2019 at 3:58 PM, django49 said:

.hamer monaco III Natural.jpg

On 2/12/2019 at 5:39 PM, django49 said:

(In answer to the above.....Yes, I DID get this from Mitch. I forget how long ago. He really set it up nicely with the upgrades. He did NOT include the personalized TRC).

Miss the guy.  GLWTS!

• 3 weeks later...

Howzabout a bump and price reductions.......$2800 for the 30th Anniversary and $1850 for Blondie? Don't forget the latter includes that big box of goodies.......

Now down eight guitars, out the door in the past month......Might as well try to keep moving before I return to my bad old habits.

• 4 weeks later...

One last pre-April 15 tax day bump.

Believe it or not, 13 guitars have departed in the last 2 months, with a potential for 2 more this week. Only 1 of the 13 (or more) a Hamer.

I thought I should mention these one more time before retiring them to "the vault".

• 4 weeks later...

Well, that took slightly longer than I expected. But the Ltd Edition is sold as of this morning. The Monaco III is still around for now. If/when that sells, perhaps I will reconsider two more that people have claimed dibs upon. It does get harder to let certain things go......

Archived