Hamer Fan Club Message Center

early Standard (Project?) in Germany

My German is not great, but I understand that the top has been re-painted/oversprayed? And a new input jack? Looks cool as is. 

Classic auction. Haven’t seen one for a long time. Will certainly end up on a worthy price.

Sort of interesting the warranty card.  The serial number from the pic looks like 0647 (but the pic is fuzzy) but the card states 20647, which wouldn't be quite right either.  Guess the Hamer person typed it up on a Monday?

For 32 years, this Hamer guitar is in my possession.
I bought it back in 1987 and rocked it on many stages, which you also see.
It is an ORIGINAL and was NOT artificially edited to look like a relic.
She has her quirks and scratches ........ but the neck and the fingerboard are perfect.
I am the 2nd owner and had the input socket renewed years ago. The first owner has expertly painted only the ceiling ........ what makes them unique.
Except for the two interventions, the almost 40years old guitar is in its original condition.
The general condition is in great condition for old age.
The case is also original, fits perfectly and has a cool used vintage look.
Without the painting of the ceiling and the renewal of the socket, it might have a certain value for collectors ........ but she wants to go back to the stage and has to be played, as I did ......! !
Now have musically different interests and would like to bid anyone who is interested in this guitar, for the money it is worth!

SHIPPING reluctant, but on request possible insured up to € 2,500 costs for shipping are then at 25 € !!

I'd be fearful of having that shipped Stateside, begging the FEDEX Gods to let the headstock survive the journey.....

2 hours ago, thoro said:

Nice one. I'll keep an eye on this auction.

Good luck!

1 hour ago, Never2Late said:

I'd be fearful of having that shipped Stateside, begging the FEDEX Gods to let the headstock survive the journey.....

I just received an LP from Japan that had a single layer of small bubble wrap taped around the original 90s brown case.  No box and minimal padding inside the case.  I first assumed the box had been damaged in shipping and removed, but both the shipping documents and packing slip were attached directly to the wrap and had clearly been exposed for the duration.

The bubble wrap was torn in a few spots, but the guitar arrived safe and sound.  All this to say, you might get lucky.

IMG_7291 copy.png

8 hours ago, bubs_42 said:

@cynic I received a Charvel like that years ago, unfortunately they had also speared with a fork truck. MISSED THE GUITAR! 

I got one where they (a pawn shop) only covered the case with one layer of thin brown paper. No padding in the case. A total headstock break.

22 hours ago, cornjulio said:

Sold for €2051,-. Wonder if it will make an appearance here?

Usually even Kahlered go for more these days. That was a killer price.

Archived