Hamer Fan Club Message Center

It’s 1985 again! New Whitesnake!

Jakeboy

Not the worst, I'd say. Got some gender freestyle content. Conservatives may beware.

2 hours ago, Jakeboy said:

The girl, the music, the video content, or all of the above?

Column B, bro. The Jag gets an honorable mention. 

Whitesnake's shelf-life ended around 1982, anyway. Blooze rawk to butt rock. Whatta cryin' shame.

I liked the music. Monster players in there. Coverdale’s voice sounded a bit too fixed in the mix. Some of the girls were cute but no tawney kitaen in her heyday. 

The lyrics...  god awful...

4 minutes ago, DaveH said:

The musicianship was awesome. How could it not b with a lineup like that?

Musicianship is not everything. Its top notch and would have make a great solo recording with a different front man. But the song didn't do anything for David Coverdale or his voice. 

All these guys are great, it just didn't do anything for me. 

5 minutes ago, bubs_42 said:

Musicianship is not everything. Its top notch and would have make a great solo recording with a different front man. But the song didn't do anything for David Coverdale or his voice. 

All these guys are great, it just didn't do anything for me. 

And life goes on.

i agree about David’s voice however. And the whole video was pretty hoakie, but what 80’s metal vid wasn’t? Great playing and hot chicks, which I guess makes me a dirty old man in some’s eyes... but really I’m just a 20 yr old in a 57 body.

I’ll abound on my “meh”:

Those guitar players are awesome and can adorn any song with great riffs and solos and fills... but Dave’s voice sounds too doctored in the studio, the song itself is quite mediocre, and the clip cannot be cheesier and more cliched than that, with the aggravating fact nobody can take Dave’s corpse’s sexiness seriously anymore... unless Whitesnake wanted to compete against Steel Panther now?

Having seen live videos with David Coverdale letting the audience sing a lot of the hard parts, there is no expectation of hearing him sound perfect when they tour Charlotte in a couple of months.  Seeing Tommy Aldridge, Reb Beach and Joel Hoekstra is going to be the real fun.  It will be obvious that the band is all hired guns, but still fun. 

Hoekstra has been playing on tour with Cher.  That would have disqualified him from ever being in a metal band again years ago, but now everyone needs to make their house payments. 

His voice has definitely changed,but whose hasn’t? Maybe Frampton?  Anyway I did like their earlier blues-rock stuff better but hey, I dig NEW good guitar rock. It’s playing HEAVY on the nostalgia factor but the playing was great andI thought it was a fun tune....but of course I also wrote a song called “Cold Beer Here” so what do I know lol?

I wasn’t big into hair metal in the 80s at all, but I will buy this if the rest of the album rocks. 

Archived