Hamer Fan Club Message Center
zorrow

Guys, Dion (blackfbiv) is getting worse :,(

Lorna posted for him on his FB wall. I feel sad. 😞

Here’s a link to the aforementioned FB post: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10156748509890180

C92D613F-359B-4E23-BA3F-901902A25FB3.png

Edited by zorrow
  • Sad 13

Dammit.

Very sad to see this. 

Dion took my Canadian cherry. I had never mailed something to that great country before I met Dion.

We'll always have Vancouver.

XXXOOO

Edited by JGale

We had a lot of private messages over the years, and did a little trading, too.  He made this a fun place to hang out. 

• Like 2

I am gutted to hear this - D is a true warrior and great guy who has been through more than most of us can barely understand.  He’s been a solid friend to many of us on the HFC for decades, Mr. FBIV himself.

• Like 15

Damn I'm sorry to hear this. He has had a really positive attitude about beating this thing. 

Best thoughts and big hearted wishes sent.

• Like 4

Sorry to hear this.  Dion is a great guy.  Best wishes for all.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Big bummer.   Dion is a great guy and I wish I would have had the opportunity to meet in person.  Years back he sent me a nice little small care package, just because he's that kind of guy.  

At one point, I had noodled a little test improv jam for a new pedal I had just got, and I had called it, "Test, the" just to be a dorky smartass about it.    He had really liked it, which was very flattering, as he had plenty of Rock miles under his belt as a gigging player.

Probably gonna go find it and spend some playing time tonight with it and be thankful for friends, either 'net or neighbors.

Sending you love.

• Like 2

I'm not here much these days but he's been here the entire time I've been around I think.   Sad to see the message on FB but he's given a heck of a fight.

Edited by SteveB
  • Like 2

Terrible news. Safe travels D

Sorry to hear that.

Sad News for sure.

Very sad.

Nice guy for sure.  I never got to meet him in person but he was very encouraging to me when I went through my own cancer thing a couple years ago.  We did get to have a nice Skype chat about all that and some Hamer stuff too. 

Godspeed, my friend. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Menehune said:

Never met him. but your comments speak of a good man. Peace, Dion.

+1

Prayers and positive vibes sent.

27 minutes ago, Ting Ho Dung said:

52890271_10155842494031400_7317829716319141888_n.jpg

I saw that picture this morning. The man is surrounded by love. And Lorna, his wife, she’s an angel —she’s there giving him love, peace, gratitude and unconditional support, without any bitterness or desperate pain, but smiling, being proud and doing her best with infinite kindness, humour sense and good will. Solid! 🙏🙇

• Like 10

I've been around for a while now, but sometimes there will be a post like this where the person is called by their real name and I have no idea who they are.  In the future, could we all make sure when passing on news, good or bad, of one of our Hamer brothers that we include their handle here e.g., "our friend Dion, known here as 'HamerHarem65' is going through a tough time right now...".  That would be most helpful.

But I'll add that no matter who it is, I'm very sorry to read sad news about anyone in this awesome community.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tommy p said:

I've been around for a while now, but sometimes there will be a post like this where the person is called by their real name and I have no idea who they are.  In the future, could we all make sure when passing on news, good or bad, of one of our Hamer brothers that we include their handle here e.g., "our friend Dion, known here as 'HamerHarem65' is going through a tough time right now...".  That would be most helpful.

Just modified the topic accordingly. Thanks for pointing that out!

• Like 2