Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Double NHD - Great Guitars - Crap Pictures - 1990 Centauras

Bennyboy-UK

Check out this pair :) 

32218455437_74e1ce1da8_z.jpg%20

32218455247_954fc70125_z.jpg%20

Firstly thank you to @carfish7 for selling me the maple necked sunburst, and @currypowder for gallantly agreeing to handle the CITES bollocks to get the 2HB to me from the US.

They are both 1990 guitars, the HSS appears to have the SD pickup set (JS and 2x SSL1s), the 2HB has a pair of Slammers - check out the neck pickup - the slugs face the fingerboard

Both have some nice figuring on the necks - some flame on the HSS, and a spot of Birdseye on the HH. They are both VERY light and feel great - comfy necks (very similar) and low actions.

You can see that they are both honest well played guitars, which I like - and oddly enough, just like my '86 Fuchsia SS1 - the guitars what have been well used, seem to be particularly good 'uns. Cosmetic knocks here and there - but importantly - all the playing surfaces, fingerboard, frets etc are perfect.

I've had a bit of play of both of these, by no means much of a play, and not hooked up to any of the rest of my gear - but I'm very optimistic.

In a sea of awesome Cali's - I'm going to assemble a pile of awesome Centauras.

I think most HFCers know that a Centaura HH is something I've wanted for ages, and I'm not disappointed so far. I'm definitely looking for another one of these and currently tracking down others... 

Thanks again guys!!

Cheers,

Ben.

PS. Better pictures as soon as the sun comes out :) 

Archived