Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Hamer Artist Appreciation Thread

Ua D

I’m in. It is the greatest neck I have ever played. It just fits my hand perfectly and I can fly on it. Fave guitar ever with the exception of 0006.

E6C33989-66BC-4521-B6FF-8D693732CCE0.jpeg

My old artist korina. Still owned by a forum member. My second favorite neck ever. I seriously need to get another one sometime...

14531E47-059A-4EAC-BB15-5C5C79948D41.jpeg

11 hours ago, Jakeboy said:

I’m in. It is the greatest neck I have ever played. It just fits my hand perfectly and I can fly on it. Fave guitar ever with the exception of 0006.

E6C33989-66BC-4521-B6FF-8D693732CCE0.jpeg

Wow...that's eye catching.  How do you like that trem?  Is it smooth? Comfy ?  Better'n a Bigsby?

Firebird pups?

I'm going to have to get a hold of an Artist at some point.

I love my Korina Artist!!! The only drawback is the P90 noise in some locations. Loaded with Lollar 50’s underwound. Tone Tone Tone!!!!

wish I had a better pic...

AA0F1020-D06F-4B3D-8DCF-10373E24BB6B.jpeg

4 hours ago, Dutchman said:

I love my Korina Artist!!! The only drawback is the P90 noise in some locations. Loaded with Lollar 50’s underwound. Tone Tone Tone!!!!

wish I had a better pic...

AA0F1020-D06F-4B3D-8DCF-10373E24BB6B.jpeg

My way to get around the P90 Noise. Get one of each!

100_2432.JPG

6 hours ago, hamerhead said:

DSCN6484small.jpg

Hey now, you're no longer allowed to use this photo anymore, as this mighty fine example of a 25th Anniversary loaded with the Texas/BBQ pickups wired with SD Triple Shot PU rings to allow (splitting to either coil, series operation, and parallel operation)  "that has been previously  owned by various HFC members" now belongs to me 😆... she's pretty plain Jane but excels massively in versatility and is an absolute TONE monster!... Super comfy neck as well 🤘

11 minutes ago, Dave Scepter said:

Hey now, you're no longer allowed to use this photo anymore, as this mighty fine example of a 25th Anniversary loaded with the Texas/BBQ pickups wired with SD Triple Shot PU rings to allow (splitting to either coil, series operation, and parallel operation)  "that has been previously  owned by various HFC members" now belongs to me 😆... she's pretty plain Jane but excels massively in versatility and is an absolute TONE monster!... Super comfy neck as well 🤘

If that’s the same guitar Django49 had,  he let me play that and a vanguard p90 for a couple minutes when I first bought my silver studio from him.  That guitar gets around.  😆

26 minutes ago, Ua D said:

That guitar gets around.  😆

She does get around... The dirty whore that she is... But luckily, she has found a nice stable home now with good Ole Uncle Davey, where she is loved and adored on a daily basis 💓

7 hours ago, BubbaVO said:

Wow...that's eye catching.  How do you like that trem?  Is it smooth? Comfy ?  Better'n a Bigsby?

Firebird pups?

I'm going to have to get a hold of an Artist at some point.

Yes, she is Korina HB in jazzburst!!! The Trem is very smooth...a Les Trem II by Duesenberg. Easy install with no modification. Stays in tune VERY well. You can adjust the bar angle to get more dive. Similar to a Bigsby yet some how way differentyet does NOT feel at all like a Strat Trem. Less slop than a Bigsby...but I like them both! The Les Trem is very comfy and easy to use.

Rumpelstiltskin Firebird pickups wound to vintage 60’s specs like a real bird pup. Coils on their sides with a bar mag between each coil. LOVE the tone. Bright and snappy, yet definitely humbuckers. I like ‘em.

1 minute ago, Jakeboy said:

Yes, she is Korina HB in jazzburst!!! The Trem is very smooth...a Les Trem II by Duesenberg. Easy install with no modification. Stays in tune VERY well. You can adjust the bar angle to get more dive. Similar to a Bigsby yet some how way differentyet does NOT feel at all like a Strat Trem. Less slop than a Bigsby...but I like them both! The Les Trem is very comfy and easy to use.

Rumpelstiltskin Firebird pickups wound to vintage 60’s specs like a real bird pup. Coils on their sides with a bar mag between each coil. LOVE the tone. Bright and snappy, yet definitely humbuckers. I like ‘em.

I've been curious about the Les Trem - lots of people like them over the Bigsbys.  Thanks for the info. Now I know the mods I'll make when I get my Artist. 

BTW.. the firebirds/korina - does it sound like a tele on steroids?

1 hour ago, Dave Scepter said:

She does get around... The dirty whore that she is... But luckily, she has found a nice stable home now with good Ole Uncle Davey, where she is loved and adored on a daily basis 💓

From Dave to Don to me to you. Crossed the country twice. One of the nicest necks I've ever had, but something came up and something had to go. Great guitar. I thought I had better pictures of it somewhere.....

1 hour ago, BubbaVO said:

I've been curious about the Les Trem - lots of people like them over the Bigsbys.  Thanks for the info. Now I know the mods I'll make when I get my Artist. 

BTW.. the firebirds/korina - does it sound like a tele on steroids?

Yes and no.  Has the Tele bite if needed and has the snap of a Tele, yet the humbucker family tree is easily heard...especially in the neck, which never gets muddy.

Firebird pups are just awesome. I guess it really is kinda like a Tele on steroids but with a much better neck pickup...and that from a guy who loves Tele neck pickups. I like my Tele bridge pickups to be big and beefy broadcaster types. 10k...so this isn’t quite that but they just rock...bright but not picky...like a good Tele bridge.

40 minutes ago, JGale said:

This was hard to let go. Scale thing again. To JeffRo I believe...

Artist.jpg

Love, love, LOVE wraptail artists. I might need to get one of those someday...

Here are the members of the Artist family who be or have been in my hands:

black 25th anniv. (one of 25) unfortunatley sold 11 years ago...

Vanguard: sold some weeks ago

Artist Korina HB still in my arms :-)

DSCN5022#001.jpg

IMG_5456.JPG

IMG_9032.JPG

Archived