Hamer Fan Club Message Center

USA Cali at my local music shop

wkhoury

A local guitar shop where I live has a USA Californian with original case that's in an almost brand new condition.There's not a single ding on it! or even any picking marks or belt rash. And looks as if it's only a couple of years old and even still has the original paperwork in the case.

I believe it's the deluxe version since it has the boomerang inlays and ebony fretboard.

They're selling it for $2,300 and I'm getting G.A.S. very badly! Someone please give me a reason why I shouldn't spend money and buy this guitar! Do you guys think it's worth $2,300 or are they asking too much?

Here's a couple of badly taken pictures

Thanks !

20190220_163315 (Large) (Medium).jpg

20190220_163321 (Large) (Medium).jpg

20190220_163311 (Large) (Medium).jpg

It is absolutely worth it AND they are asking too much. Maybe if it was a solid flame maple body it would command that price. I just don’t see that for that particular model. 

11 hours ago, wkhoury said:

A local guitar shop where I live has a USA Californian with original case that's in an almost brand new condition.There's not a single ding on it! or even any picking marks or belt rash. And looks as if it's only a couple of years old and even still has the original paperwork in the case.

I believe it's the deluxe version since it has the boomerang inlays and ebony fretboard.

They're selling it for $2,300 and I'm getting G.A.S. very badly! Someone please give me a reason why I shouldn't spend money and buy this guitar! Do you guys think it's worth $2,300 or are they asking too much?

Here's a couple of badly taken pictures

Thanks !

20190220_163315 (Large) (Medium).jpg

20190220_163321 (Large) (Medium).jpg

20190220_163311 (Large) (Medium).jpg

Any spare cash should always be placed in a work place pension, so that when you are old and grey you will be able to afford a Hamer Cali...oh...there's a flaw in my plan...

At that price, get them to intonate it and make sure the saddle clamp screws, particularly the b and high e string saddles based on that photo, are not stripped out.

14 minutes ago, Jeff R said:

At that price, get them to intonate it and make sure the saddle clamp screws, particularly the b and high e string saddles based on that photo, are not stripped out.

Eagle eye!

4 minutes ago, John Riley said:

Very nice guitar, it would be too bad to miss out on this one. $1900 is more realistic. If this was at my local guitar store,,,it would be mine😎

Even better, tell me what shop it is so I can buy it🥴

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2019 at 1:36 AM, John Riley said:

Even better, tell me what shop it is so I can buy it🥴

Yes buy it so it's not option for me anymore! Store is House of Guitars in Salt Lake City, UT

I agree 1900 would have been more realistic specially that they'll be sales tax on top of that.

On 2/23/2019 at 8:47 AM, wkhoury said:

The only reason I can think of why not to buy right now is the possibility of my wife murdering me! 😟

Just learn to sleep with one eye open and keep your track shoes on at all times.😋

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 2:23 PM, wkhoury said:

Yes buy it so it's not option for me anymore! Store is House of Guitars in Salt Lake City, UT

I agree 1900 would have been more realistic specially that they'll be sales tax on top of that.

Ha!  I remember walking into that place on 300 W when it was a dumpy little hole with about 5-6 guitars a year after opening.

Finding a nice Hamer USA guitar anywhere for sale in UT is a pretty uncommon event. I wonder how they got it... Consignment?  

If not, and you can, try walking in there with 18 $100 bills and then offer/show them 16 of them 'out-the-door', then haggle from there.

2 hours ago, Crwth145 said:

Ha!  I remember walking into that place on 300 W when it was a dumpy little hole with about 5-6 guitars a year after opening.

Finding a nice Hamer USA guitar anywhere for sale in UT is a pretty uncommon event. I wonder how they got it... Consignment?  

If not, and you can, try walking in there with 18 $100 bills and then offer/show them 16 of them 'out-the-door', then haggle from there.

That's a good idea, I have a '95 Elite US Ovation in an excellent condition. If i sell that and a couple of other guitars this Cali could be mine if I walk in there with cash.

I gotta say that place has come a long since then. They buy/sell/trade new and used gear. I stop by maybe once a month, and there's always an interesting piece, like an older Carvin or a Silvertone tube amp. Actually last week they had a Danelectro DM25 Tube amp/speaker and some very old vintage Gibson amps that I thought was cool as hell.

15 hours ago, wkhoury said:

...I gotta say that place has come a long since then. They buy/sell/trade new and used gear. I stop by maybe once a month, and there's always an interesting piece, like an older Carvin or a Silvertone tube amp. Actually last week they had a Danelectro DM25 Tube amp/speaker and some very old vintage Gibson amps that I thought was cool as hell.

It was the summer of 1990 when I first walked in there -- only a little room just inside the door was open to the public then. Of the 5-6 guitars, only one was a 'winner': a top of the line metallic grey Jackson Randy Rhoads they had put away in a glass jewelry case so that you couldn't touch it, lol. Shawn's not a bad guy, just prices things a little optimistically.

• 4 months later...

Now that Cali models command quite some money, I am glad that I got mine at the right time. Well, I got a player, but I don't mind a little  play wear (rusty or worn out parts are a "no-go" though)

Archived