Hamer Fan Club Message Center

I felt I needed someone to scream at me this morning.

Saw Nazareth 4 times from Feb.'76 to about mid-78 and they rawked me so hard each time. Great tunes and good times each time. Opened for Deep Purple(W/Tommy Bolin), headlined with Mahogany Rush, opened for Aerosmith, and headlined in a small arena in Minnesota with a forgotten opener. Dan had torn the tendons in his feet a few weeks before our show and was doing shows on a stool all night at that point rather than cancel shows. Life IS Good! Thanks Dan, Pete Agnew, Manny Charlton, and Darrell Sweet.

Was and still am a fan of Nazareth. But two things disappointed me. Saw them live in the 70’s and I thought they needed a second guitarist to sound more like the albums did. The albums had a solid two guitar sound and it didn’t transfer live with just Manny. Later on they did get a second guitarist when the guy from the Sensational Alex Harvey Band hooked up with them. The other thing was when Skunk Baxter took over producing. Really bad stuff as he took the edge off their sound. 

7 minutes ago, princeofdarkness56 said:

Was and still am a fan of Nazareth. But two things disappointed me. Saw them live in the 70’s and I thought they needed a second guitarist to sound more like the albums did. The albums had a solid two guitar sound and it didn’t transfer live with just Manny. Later on they did get a second guitarist when the guy from the Sensational Alex Harvey Band hooked up with them. The other thing was when Skunk Baxter took over producing. Really bad stuff as he took the edge off their sound. 

Manny hated the way Skunk Baxter produced Malice In Wonderland.  I love that album.  I got Zal's autograph when they toured in support of that album.  Zal played a blue Hamer Special that night, too.

Archived