Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Resurrecting a Blitz and need info

I bought a gutted Blitz about 13 years ago with the intent to revive it. It's clearly taken me a lot of time to act on it but now I'm ready. I need help figuring out what specific brands and models the parts are so I can restore the hardware and electronics to be as close as the original configuration. It's a relic but I like it that way. I can post more detailed pics later if you want. I just wanted to get something up.

blitz1.jpg

14 minutes ago, Steve Haynie said:

Finding a Hamer branded bridge will be fun.  The original knobs are going to be a little hard to find, but not impossible. 

That is a cool finish. 

I've got a new old stock Hamer-stamped Floyd that I got from the Hamer shop in New Hartford if you're interested.  It's never been installed on a guitar.  I think the ones they used back then were just the original Floyd Rose trems, if not.

474DAC4B-C1BA-4310-999D-F4466AA492E8.jpeg

6DE7C69C-8E8E-4BC5-AE75-0CD56A4D9D40.jpeg

08023007-93E6-4E76-823C-248F6A8CAED1.jpeg

14 minutes ago, Ed Rechts said:

Not as far s we know, but Mick Mar did.

One just like that assamatta fact.

I heard his son had really good weed, btw, Ting. Even before he deleted that awesome Sunday night declaration. 

Anyhoo, as we sit in for what is about to be one of the coolest threads on this mausoleum ins quite awhile, let us ponder:

WHO RAPED THAT BLITZ IN THE FIRST PLACE?

(cynical me thinks she was asking for it for having a 3x3 instead of a hockey stick)

What happened to that thread? That was a good song. 

58 minutes ago, cmatthes said:

I've got a new old stock Hamer-stamped Floyd that I got from the Hamer shop in New Hartford if you're interested.  It's never been installed on a guitar.  I think the ones they used back then were just the original Floyd Rose trems, if not.

474DAC4B-C1BA-4310-999D-F4466AA492E8.jpeg

6DE7C69C-8E8E-4BC5-AE75-0CD56A4D9D40.jpeg

08023007-93E6-4E76-823C-248F6A8CAED1.jpeg

Kick ass! What do you need for it? And do you have the bolts and springs to go with it?

1 hour ago, Ting Ho Dung said:

What happened to that thread? That was a good song. 

You posted 3 nearly identical threads within 20 minutes.  We just merged them into a single thread and deleted the duplicate post.

Archived