Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bigmuff

Sunburst sighting in Carly Simon video...

I was watching a very interesting documentary on Carly Simon last night and had the rare pleasure of spotting a Hamer Sunburst in action back in the day (or at least I think it is). The guitarist recorded the solo with a Gibson ES335, apparently.

You can see the guitar from 2.06 here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lfmp_kZ0ZfE

That was awesome. Back when good music was simply that...good music. The Sunburst sighting was cool. Did you notice the dude on the cowbell pointing repeatedly to someone in the audience during the chorus. Probably trying to put the make on someone....

7 hours ago, kizanski said:

image.png

Cool Sunburst, but that video has just about every stereotypical element of yacht rock that one could imagine. Yikes.

8 hours ago, Jakeboy said:

Did you notice the dude on the cowbell pointing repeatedly to someone in the audience during the chorus. Probably trying to put the make on someone....

I think he spotted world renowned producer Bruce Dickinson in the audience. He's the cock of the walk, you know.

7 hours ago, kizanski said:

image.png

I didn't know Bun E. played guitar!

They were lip-synching to this song, weren't they?  Seems awfully windy there not to have wind noise come through the microphones.