Hamer Fan Club Message Center

WTB - Pedals? Who's Got 'Em, I Want 'Em!

Hi there,

I'm looking to supplement my boards and would like to find the following pedals :

1. Reverb
  2. Overdrive
  3. Distortion
  4. Delay (maybe)

The criteria: not too expensive, no more than 4 knobs, no fru-fru nonsense, just a pedal - no accessories like a can opener, shoe buffer, mystery/magical Kryptonite chip, etc. Oh yeah, they can't be larger than, say, a pack of cigarettes; no aircraft carriers, please.

Thanks for the help.

I use, 1980's,  Ibanez PUE5 for both Guitar and Bass...

PUE5.jpg

ibanez-pue-5-158113.jpg

I have a JHS Banana Boost that does Rangemaster treble booster all the way to full-range LPB1 tones. It is a great pedal but I have 3 others that do the glorious Rangemaster thing so I can let this one go. $90 shipped OBO...? Everyone needs a treble booster for OD and distortion.

817F9719-A67D-4BDE-B1C9-E3BFA65A1A07.png

I have a Big Muff clone (a Large Beaver) I got from an inmate here. It is from a BYOC kit.

It has the 5088 transistors, so its a clone of the Russian version of the muff.

It does not have the ON-OFF-ON tone shaping selection switch so it is locked in the "flat" response tone shape.

He did a nice job on it.

$20 and it's yours.

Jim

19 minutes ago, kizanski said:

BE.  MORE.  SPECIFIC!

Well actually I'd like a picture of Donald Trump and Hilary Clinton having crazy monkey sex, but I'll settle for a picture of the top of the pedal.

It was a toss up for me. I had a hard time deciding between sending a link to this weekends sale, or a list of the LPs I haven't found a spot for and want to move.

5 hours ago, Hbom said:

I found this rabbit hole here at The HFC, so I think it's OK to pass along.

Pedals are good. Prices are great!

But it is a maddening way to run a business if you are looking for something specific.  

https://lovepedalcustomeffects.myshopify.com/

Agreed. Their site is a little difficult to navigate. Thank you both for the heads up.

• 4 weeks later...

The Lovepedal stuff is great - I'm a big fan!  

Those stupid sales always seem to hook me on something I really don't need...

On 3/26/2019 at 11:10 AM, cmatthes said:

The Lovepedal stuff is great - I'm a big fan!  

Those stupid sales always seem to hook me on something I really don't need...

Agreed. Sean heats guiatr tones the same way I do. It is almost as if he tweaks the circuits exactly the way my ears want. A glorious rabbit-hole of killer guitar tones!

• 1 month later...

I just dug up this one that I got as a backup to the checkerboard one that has never left my board.   I’ve honestly used it less than three times.  It’s the limited edition, all-chrome one.   

Any interest?

F657DFB8-5DA0-45BF-9321-87A6B4CB416F.jpeg

7D613DA3-7893-4656-9904-A3B01B465372.jpeg

47C31029-ABC5-476E-9778-CD66B46F83DF.jpeg

F2AE390B-CFA7-4AB5-9127-7F486A2B4810.jpeg

C95BA3FE-0470-4534-BBC1-D428A78F3FC1.jpeg

On 2/26/2019 at 3:42 PM, rugby1970 said:

Great idea. I tried something similar when I was younger but couldn't figure it out.

Fool me once..... So I bought a used Line 6 POD Live XT multi-effects unit. I can't figure it out and I even have the manual. I was a good engineer before I retired, For Cripes Sake!! This thing is already on sale on Craigslist. I just sticking to individual pedals until I can find something really simple and easy to use.

1 hour ago, tommy p said:

I have a 1986 ProCo Rat I was about to put on Reverb.  If you want to make me an offer on it first, PM me.

Or you can just offer it to him via PM, for the price you want and take it from there. 

These are all great suggestions and pedals. The offers have been very generous but when I started this topic I decided that I would not pay more than $100 for an individual pedal ever again. So far that's been working out for me. Now I have several "boutiquey" pedals for sale and I'll post them soon in another topic.

Archived