Hamer Fan Club Message Center

This one may be too metal for you girls.

Ting,

Yep, call me a weak-Nancy, but that is WAY too fucked up and out there for my unsophisticated ears.    :)    To my ears, I just hear noise.  

So is this lead "singer" screaming in attempts to imitate the moronic organ-donors in the video who are crashing their bikes while stunting in traffic?!?!     Sorry, I can't help thinking that them biting it  is  a little Clorox for the sallow end of that gene pool.

OK, now get off my lawn.    ;) 

Sounds like a typical plodding Cookie-Monster metal song to me.  Plus, I've seen too many reruns of 'The Smoking Gun Presents: World's Dumbest (fill in the blank)' to care much about a music video featuring motorcycle stunts.  Unless something goes horribly wrong and it's caught on video, of course.

I love good metal. This ain’t it.  The scream vocals has always been a huge turn off for me. I am a lot older than most but when one grows up listening to Sabbath, Priest, Dio, etc, vocalists like this won’t win you over.  

Ting, have you ever played Viking Skull or Sword ? Much more my style. 

Cheesey Video.JPG

I understand what they were going for, but these parts of the video are SO cheesy. Everybody looks uncomfortable, and a little better lighting could have gone a long way. I mean, bright ambient light and an American DJ party light behind the drummer...not really all that metal.

However, bonus points to the bass player for the 70s-era Peavey amp.

I liked this song for the most part. We have a lot of these crotch rocket ass hats around here and it's no fun being surrounded by them when you are doing 70 mph on a major highway. You see these bumper stickers here, "Look twice for motorcycles," "Kill a motorcyclist, go to jail," etc. They act like this, fuck-em. They deserve what they get. Hopefully they don't take out an innocent with them. 

1 hour ago, princeofdarkness56 said:

I love good metal. This ain’t it.  The scream vocals has always been a huge turn off for me. I am a lot older than most but when one grows up listening to Sabbath, Priest, Dio, etc, vocalists like this won’t win you over.  

Thanks, I'll check them out. 

Ting, if you check those bands out there are 2 bands called Sword. The one I’m referring to is from Texas and are called The Sword. Another heavy band that might be your style is Kadaver. Those 3 bands are heavy but they are all influenced by 70’s type of bands. 

I'm going to throw out some stoner stuff you may like and haven't heard @Ting Ho Dung

I like The Sword a lot.  Warp Riders is a great album, and I love how all Texas bands have a little ZZ Top that shows up in their own music sooner or later. 

I like Orange Goblin's mid-00s stuff a lot too. 

I liked it. I am OK with Cookie Monster vocals when you can still make out the words like you can here (for the most part). I also like when at least some of the song is sang so the cookie monster parts are a contrast.

My favorite band that manages to make cookie monster vocals work is Cynic. More progressive than metal but definitely heavy by most standards:

Cynic - Focus

Edited to add - I was replying to the  original thread. I like that Sword song too!

1 hour ago, Ting Ho Dung said:

I liked this song for the most part. We have a lot of these crotch rocket ass hats around here and it's no fun being surrounded by them when you are doing 70 mph on a major highway. You see these bumper stickers here, "Look twice for motorcycles," "Kill a motorcyclist, go to jail," etc. They act like this, fuck-em. They deserve what they get. Hopefully they don't take out an innocent with them. 

As a motorcyclist... I hate these D-bags too. Gives us all a bad name. 

I ride a sport bike and I occasionally pass in places where a normal car would never have time... My reasonably casual sport touring bike still has a power to weight ratio similar to a Bugatti even including my fat ass. Still, I try to avoid doing things that freak out other motorists. Basic manners! 

9 minutes ago, Marvelicious said:

As a motorcyclist... I hate these D-bags too. Gives us all a bad name. 

I ride a sport bike and I occasionally pass in places where a normal car would never have time... My reasonably casual sport touring bike still has a power to weight ratio similar to a Bugatti even including my fat ass. Still, I try to avoid doing things that freak out other motorists. Basic manners! 

It can be intimidating, especially since I'm a nervous wreck on these roads on a good day, to be taken over by a "wolf pack" of these knuckleheads as 30 or 40 of them pass you by on the centerline and look at you like you are the asshole for doing 70. My son and I were test driving the car he currently owns on a 6 lane road in St. Pete. He used his turn signal and changed lanes and barely a second later a guy on a crotch rocket zoomed by my window to the front quarter panel and pointed at his eyes with 2 fingers and then pointed them at us repeating the gesture. I asked Brandon what he did and Brandon said the guy was zooming around in traffic but he was clear to change lanes. So I pointed my index finger at the guy with my thumb up, pretended to pull the slide back and then I fired with my thumb. The guy thought he would do something until he saw me reach around to the small of my back for the real gun. 

28 minutes ago, Ting Ho Dung said:

It can be intimidating, especially since I'm a nervous wreck on these roads on a good day, to be taken over by a "wolf pack" of these knuckleheads as 30 or 40 of them pass you by on the centerline and look at you like you are the asshole for doing 70. My son and I were test driving the car he currently owns on a 6 lane road in St. Pete. He used his turn signal and changed lanes and barely a second later a guy on a crotch rocket zoomed by my window to the front quarter panel and pointed at his eyes with 2 fingers and then pointed them at us repeating the gesture. I asked Brandon what he did and Brandon said the guy was zooming around in traffic but he was clear to change lanes. So I pointed my index finger at the guy with my thumb up, pretended to pull the slide back and then I fired with my thumb. The guy thought he would do something until he saw me reach around to the small of my back for the real gun. 

That's the kind of stuff where in my dreams I'd fling my door open as the guy is trying to whizz by.  

1 hour ago, Ting Ho Dung said:

Yeah, I try to stay clear of the freeways. Living near the coast in the PNW, I've got plenty of nice curvy roads through hills and valleys... Prime sport bike territory. I don't know why you would own one if you don't have convenient access to roads that offer an interesting ride.

Freeway riding is painfully dull on a high performance motorcycle... the temptation is to move fast enough to treat other traffic as essentially stationary, just to keep things interesting. The trouble is that it isn't and eventually, someone does a perfectly reasonable lane change. To a guy whipping through 30+mph faster than the flow of traffic, it seems like he's been cut off. The reality is that he's the one behaving like an asshole, but you can't expect that level of awareness from a guy who has just financed Wile E. Coyote's Acme rocket...

As for the guys who have to ride in packs, well... For me, Groucho Marx said it best: "I don’t care to belong to any club that will have me as a member." 

9 hours ago, princeofdarkness56 said:

I'm with you... My personal favorite version of this is where all the musicianship is technically perfect and tight, and the singer is somehow almost precisely about an eighth of a step off key... like somehow hitting the notes with vocals wouldn't be metal enough...

I dig The Sword, but they were a bit disappointing live. May have been an off night... 

Archived