Hamer Fan Club Message Center

1977 Gibson les Paul custom

Lol.. thanks yeah it's a cool car in the gto family.. just had interior done and paint. Next is black top . I still have to adjust my hood ..its hard to get the spacing right . 

Reminds me of the '79 Custom in my new HFC profile photo. Came in this week for TLC. Its owner got it several years ago from Black Label Society's touring FOH tech through most of the late 90s. The tech bought it from Zakk's personal collection. My repair was to install more pinch harmonics, it had run out of them. Seriously, sweet guitar, GLWTS, I love LPs from this era. Rawk machines.

IMG_3682.jpg

I remember those GTO's with the big rear wheel wells that fit L60 tires without a problem. My brother had a 1968 GTO convertible in close to that color with a black roof and interior. Brings back a lot of good memories. Thanks and GLWS on that nice Les Paul.

On 3/1/2019 at 11:32 AM, Jeff R said:

Reminds me of the '79 Custom in my new HFC profile photo. Came in this week for TLC. Its owner got it several years ago from Black Label Society's touring FOH tech through most of the late 90s. The tech bought it from Zakk's personal collection. My repair was to install more pinch harmonics, it had run out of them. Seriously, sweet guitar, GLWTS, I love LPs from this era. Rawk machines.

IMG_3682.jpg

I have a wine red 78, connecting all the dots here. 

I had a early 1970's Sunburst Les Paul Custom and traded it for my 1981 Hamer Special mainly because the Les Paul was too Heavy.. But I only paid $325 for it and the Hamer Special was $500 so I thought I got a good deal. But looking back I should have kept the Les Paul Custom.. I can't find any pictures of that Les Paul but here is the Hamer I traded it for..

81Special.jpg

81 Special 2.jpg

Archived