Hamer Fan Club Message Center

SS1 Reasonable Value

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Simply reading the thread title and "posted by," it appears that you are asking us to guage your value, and we can't do that.  

Only you know what you are worth.  

Don't let anyone judge you.  

35 minutes ago, Bennyboy-UK said:

Well, here we go - have at chaps :)

Let the bloodbath begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you are massively over stating it's value.  As Chris said, it has one unique feature over a normal SSI.   It was not owned.or used by Steve.  A normal white SSI in mint condition sells for $1150, when they actually trade.  

Oh, silly me!

3 minutes ago, Studio Custom said:

Anything is possible, but as the owner of 25 Hamer SS guitars of varying significance, I think I have a pretty good feel for the market.  

Is it really only 25? I was sure you had more than 25 of them. 

Have you sold some on recently?

12 minutes ago, Bennyboy-UK said:

Oh, silly me!

Is it really only 25? I was sure you had more than 25 of them. 

Have you sold some on recently?

I am strictly speaking of the Hamer SS.  Of course it is more when you sprinkle in the Holloskull, Knaggs, PRS, Godin and Washburns. 

I sold two last year and purchased three.  

Wow, gentlemen it doesn't really matter. My curiosity as to its value  has provided me with more information on the history and other deets I never had before last week.

It has been played by Mike, (average guitarist but real nice guy ) was displayed for years under a poster of Steve. Both aspects add 0$ to value but are nice to know. LOL

So lets just say it s piece of shit, barely worth 500$ and we can all sleep tonight. LMAO.😂

8 hours ago, SS1 said:

Wow, gentlemen it doesn't really matter. My curiosity as to its value  has provided me with more information on the history and other deets I never had before last week.

It has been played by Mike, (average guitarist but real nice guy ) was displayed for years under a poster of Steve. Both aspects add 0$ to value but are nice to know. LOL

So lets just say it s piece of shit, barely worth 500$ and we can all sleep tonight. LMAO.😂

OK, you win. I'll give you the $500 for your piece of shit. Cheers.

Since it now appears that the OP is soliciting bids from members, we are moving here to the "For Sale" Section of the Forum, and will allow 24 hours for a selling price to be listed (or a link to Reverb/eBay) before deleting the thread.

Thanks!

Hi guys, 

So just to clarify . I have been directly approached by a number of forum members who are interested in purchasing it . This was definately not my original intent but simply became end result. I personally reached out to or prodded none.

I didn't  realise their offers to purchase were a no no. I do apologize as I wasn't looking to break any forum rules . In all honesty though Im just glad it will at least go to someone that will appreciate the guitar.

I am dissapointed the thread would be deleted as the information/photos are still valuable to all and nothing to do with the sale at this point, but that is my opinion.

I will respect your decision if that's the case.

Mike

Mike - please just set a price.  We've been informed that you've been reaching out to members requesting offers, not the other way around.

Thanks for playing by the rules!

15 hours ago, cmatthes said:

Mike - please just set a price.  We've been informed that you've been reaching out to members requesting offers, not the other way around.

Thanks for playing by the rules!

Hi Chris, just to gently counter the above, I approached Mike directly regarding buying the guitar and I imagine others have done so as well.

I’m not sure what anyone else has said but  I initiated contact on this matter.

In this situation, and bearing in mind he is new to this forum and turning up with a cool and unusual guitar which was bound to attract interest and attention, his handling of that in my opinion is fair given that the initial post was requesting education and info, and the opportunistic amongst us too the initiative to approach and offer interest.

What does one do in that situation? Try to gain some control and level the field for interested parties? Maybe in the form of an ITT carried off the forum? - Sounds reasonable.

i feel that the private discussions and thoughts relating to trying to buy them guitar have spilled onto the original post and soured the tone of the original post. 

If Mike wanted to, he can advertise a for sale on the section of the forum, that’s fine, but I do think that ‘enthusiastic’ prospective buyers might well have swept the situation up and along a bit in perusing their agendas and led to this situation, me included.

As a new guy coming to the forum for info, I think that the situation we now have is the responsibility of people like me on the forum, and a new member is suffering because of this.

i don’t often pipe up like this - but I believe it’s warranted on this occasion.

Ben - just going on the information I’ve been given. Regardless, a price should be tossed on there.  After that, it’s all good. 

To the rest of you, the rules about shitting on somebody else’s “For Sale” thread apply to you just as much.  Cool it or shut the hell up.

Archived