Hamer Fan Club Message Center

WTB: 1/4" Male Stereo (TRS) to dual 1/4" Female mono (TS) adapter

There are lots of folks that offer that function in a CABLE. Not so much in that format.

Here is an option. I am assuming you are looking for something like a stereo out from a guitar (like A Duo-Tone) to split the signal to two different amps. My issue with that is having TWO cables dangling out of (or hanging off an adapter cable) in mid-air.

I found a guy in Oregon that builds A/B/Y pedals that allow all the switching control on the ground, with a single stereo cable from the guitar. With outs to two different amps. He built mine to custom order specifically for a Duo-Tone. There is something similar on his site. Would not hurt to call him direct to be sure you get exactly what you want. Not cheap like a $5-10 cable, but much more useful. Nice guy too.

http://www.startouchpedals.com/product/ST-2S.html

This is for a pedal - it can be run in mono with a normal cable or in stereo with a Y cord. I'm trying to avoid the dreaded Y cord.

I built my first Synth Module using all parts from Radio Shack back in 1978 or so, used to be a great place for all the electronic tinkerer or even the professional.  They even built the TRS-80 one of the first personal computers....It was sad to see them go but they had changed so much it truly wasn't much of a electronics (Parts) store anymore.  A few drawers of common resistors and capacitors and as stated before nobody had any idea what was in those drawers.  Sad for me, I won the local Science fair with that module...

G

Is the pedal a collector's item? I would think you could mod it to have two jacks... the second one might need to be a switching jack, but might not... 

Edit.... had a diagram for a minute, but I was turned around... Too tired to think through electronics right now...

On 3/6/2019 at 11:04 PM, george4th said:

I built my first Synth Module using all parts from Radio Shack back in 1978 or so, used to be a great place for all the electronic tinkerer or even the professional.  They even built the TRS-80 one of the first personal computers....It was sad to see them go but they had changed so much it truly wasn't much of a electronics (Parts) store anymore.  A few drawers of common resistors and capacitors and as stated before nobody had any idea what was in those drawers.  Sad for me, I won the local Science fair with that module...

G

My first job out of college the boss bought a TRS with dual (dual!!) 8" floppy drives. We ran structural analysis software we got from a Colorado company. Software on one disk, data on the other. It took awhile to run a large problem, but churned out concrete flat plates like nobody's business. Would not do 3D frames though. Even with all that the second in command didn't trust them and made us do the calculations by hand in addition.

My wrist hurts just thinking about it.

Yep, my first thought was Radio Shack.  It was a shame to see them rot away and then die.  Every once in a while I find myself wishing they were still around for odd parts (at least the parts they stopped carrying years ago).

Edited to add:  They (or the company that took them over) DOES still have an on-line shop, BTW.

6 hours ago, Cary said:

Yep, my first thought was Radio Shack.  It was a shame to see them rot away and then die.  Every once in a while I find myself wishing they were still around for odd parts (at least the parts they stopped carrying years ago).

Edited to add:  They (or the company that took them over) DOES still have an on-line shop, BTW.

Eh, if you're buying online, you're better off learning your way around Mouser or Digikey or one of the others, at least for any kind of quantity. Anyone think they're buying their last 1/4" jack? Didn't think so... just buy 10 and have them when you need them.

Admittedly, I may have a warped perspective:

spacer.png

6 hours ago, Marvelicious said:

Eh, if you're buying online, you're better off learning your way around Mouser or Digikey or one of the others, at least for any kind of quantity. Anyone think they're buying their last 1/4" jack? Didn't think so... just buy 10 and have them when you need them.

Admittedly, I may have a warped perspective:

spacer.png

And a very well organized collection of parts... my bench never looks that nice but I know(most of the time) where everything is. Where did you find the parts racks??

A hearing aid test equipment manufacturer (talk about a niche...) in the area had moved manufacturing overseas and they were auctioning a lot of their gear. I was mainly after a tektronix scope (which I got) but there was a lot of three of these half full racks from three different workspaces. I snagged those and started sorting. The middle box is mostly complete e24 coverage in 1/4 watt resistors... Everything else is a bit more scrambled. 

Archived