Hamer Fan Club Message Center
Sign in to follow this  
Cary

Remembering Dion Lowe —blackfbiv

I’m in tears as I write this.  Lorna just posted that Dion has passed.  RIP, buddy.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 17

He was a good guy, for sure.  RIP. 😔

• Like 4

After the news, I bumped my own thread about him, but I think it's better having one on its own, like this one.

I was deeply touched when I read Lorna's last words, which were these:

"From Lorna; It’s a lot quieter down here today but it’s rockin’ up in heaven. Make a joyful noise my love. Dion has left the building." 

May our friend rest in peace... and may life after death be possible, only to be sure great guys like Dion keep on existing out there. He'll be missed!💔

• Like 14
  • Sad 1

rip

• Like 2

Lost a longtime friend yesterday and a new friend today. This getting old shit sucks. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

24 minutes ago, zorrow said:

May our friend rest in peace... and may life after death be possible, only to be sure great guys like Dion keep on existing out there. He'll be missed!💔

I never met Dion, but we talked back and forth over Facebook and on this forum. He's been around since some of the early iterations of this board. 

I recall some of our first conversations at least 15 years ago about his playing of a black FBIV in his church's worship band, which we both thought was incongruously glorious and rebellious. He had a great sense of humor.

That's the image I always had of him, and it seems particularly appropriate now.

• Like 11

May his pain rest, and his soul rise again to rock another day. 

• Like 3

Godspeed, Dion...

• Like 2

RIP and may God the Comforter be with his family and friends.

• Like 5

Condolences to his family and friends.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ed Rechts said:

I never met Dion, but we talked back and forth over Facebook and on this forum. He's been around since some of the early iterations of this board. 

I recall some of our first conversations at least 15 years ago about his playing of a black FBIV in his church's worship band, which we both thought was incongruously glorious and rebellious. He had a great sense of humor.

That's the image I always had of him, and it seems particularly appropriate now.

One of the first conversations I ever had with him, I jokingly told him there was a recall on the black paint on those FBIVs, and if he sent it to me, I would safely dispose of it...  It became a running joke between him and I...

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

We all said our last goodbyes a long time ago, but it feels bad when news like this finally hits.  We have been missing him for a while.  Dion got a long with everybody. 

• Like 6

You're missed greatly already, buddy. Prayers, condolences and peace, good friend.

• Like 4

Sad to know that such a great guy has left us, but happy to have gotten to know him over 20+ years.

A classic dude, all around.

• Like 9

The family just got smaller.
Rest in peace, Dion.

• Like 3

I knew it was coming but, Dion being such a fighter and having done so several times before, I kept hoping he'd beat the Reaper one more time. 😧 Peace and comfort to all and Dion, fire it up and irritate somebody!

• Like 5

RIP

• Like 1