Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Remembering Dion Lowe —blackfbiv

Cary

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After the news, I bumped my own thread about him, but I think it's better having one on its own, like this one.

I was deeply touched when I read Lorna's last words, which were these:

"From Lorna; It’s a lot quieter down here today but it’s rockin’ up in heaven. Make a joyful noise my love. Dion has left the building." 

May our friend rest in peace... and may life after death be possible, only to be sure great guys like Dion keep on existing out there. He'll be missed!💔

1 hour ago, Ed Rechts said:

I never met Dion, but we talked back and forth over Facebook and on this forum. He's been around since some of the early iterations of this board. 

I recall some of our first conversations at least 15 years ago about his playing of a black FBIV in his church's worship band, which we both thought was incongruously glorious and rebellious. He had a great sense of humor.

That's the image I always had of him, and it seems particularly appropriate now.

One of the first conversations I ever had with him, I jokingly told him there was a recall on the black paint on those FBIVs, and if he sent it to me, I would safely dispose of it...  It became a running joke between him and I...

Sad to know that such a great guy has left us, but happy to have gotten to know him over 20+ years.

A classic dude, all around.

Archived