Hamer Fan Club Message Center

'The Book'

I'm about a quarter way thru re-reading 'The Book':

https://www.schifferbooks.com/the-ultimate-an-illustrated-history-of-hamer-guitars-5216.html

...and if any of you don't have it or haven't read it, you HAVE to get a copy. Amazing (even the 2nd time).

Thanks Steve!

9 minutes ago, tbonesullivan said:

I also have the Billy Gibbons book, which is also a great read for gearheads.

I have that book as well.  The photographer was either someone with zero appreciation for the aesthetics of stringed instruments or had lost the gift of sight during the photo shoot.

7 minutes ago, kizanski said:

I have that book as well.  The photographer was either someone with zero appreciation for the aesthetics of stringed instruments or had lost the gift of sight during the photo shoot.

My SINGLE solitary complaint of the book was that many of the photos were TOO SMALL.  I would have liked more detailed photos of interesting features of the custom guitars and one-offs presented.

1 minute ago, Never2Late said:

My SINGLE solitary complaint of the book was that many of the photos were TOO SMALL.  I would have liked more detailed photos of interesting features of the custom guitars and one-offs presented.

Yeah, it seems moronic to create a book about a guitar player and his unique guitars and cars and fill it with Guitar Center level shitty photographs.
I remember thumbing through it thinking, "This photographer HATES guitars and cars."

The editor cut a lot of stuff to get it to fit into the page count and format.  There’s enough that didn’t make it for a second volume.

8 minutes ago, serial said:

The editor cut a lot of stuff to get it to fit into the page count and format.  There’s enough that didn’t make it for a second volume.

I hope that a second is released. I play only Hamers now. I get a lot of questions from other musicians about them, especially the younger ones. The import line killed the name and most think they’re cheap import guitars until I explain the USA end and let them jam w which ever one I’m playing that night. They change their opinions quickly!! 

What Hamer Guitars were missing???? Hmmmmmmm????

i can only think of one.

The Vintage S.

That is my fave coffee-table book. I love to just randomly open it and lovingly gawk at the pics. I read every work\d the first time through and have read it again at least once.....

22 hours ago, serial said:

AND...................................... as soon as you are ready and able to put out VOLUME # 2 I'll be buying that as well.:)

12 hours ago, kizanski said:

"The Wood" deal?

No.  The deal that solidified the ownership of the company early on.  

I’m not aware of a wood deal (unless your talking about the time the guy with the time machine turned my 1990s Hamer wood into “old growth” mahogany from the 50s).

12 minutes ago, mirrorimij said:

I’m not aware of a wood deal (unless your talking about the time the guy with the time machine turned my 1990s Hamer wood into “old growth” mahogany from the 50s).

DINGDINGDINGDING!!!

Archived