Hamer Fan Club Message Center

NHD... it has arrived!!!

Travis

It gets delivered today. I think it’s been about 9 years since I got a new (to me) Hamer. That’s far too long. More pics to come...

AA57A73E-00B2-405A-A889-25E5782FF869.png

41 minutes ago, Travis said:

It gets delivered today. I think it’s been about 9 years since I got a new (to me) Hamer. That’s far too long. More pics to come...

AA57A73E-00B2-405A-A889-25E5782FF869.png

Don't forget to put your phone on charge.  It's getting a little low.

1 minute ago, bigolsparky said:

Don't forget to put your phone on charge.  It's getting a little low.

Ha!  It was plugged in at the time. Started with 17%...

On more than one occasion I forgot and left my house only to come back with a delivery tag on the door... only to frantically drive up and down the neighborhood in hopes to locate the delivery man...😆

10 minutes ago, Dave Scepter said:

On more than one occasion I forgot and left my house only to come back with a delivery tag on the door... only to frantically drive up and down the neighborhood in hopes to locate the delivery man...😆

I’m not leaving until it arrives.  Supposed to get the families together at my brother’s house tonight. I may be late...

26 minutes ago, Travis said:

I’m not leaving until it arrives.  Supposed to get the families together at my brother’s house tonight. I may be late...

What's nice about FedEx lately "at least in my neighborhood" is that you can track the approximate whereabouts of the driver on my phone... it'll show a street map and points out the driver is 8 stops away... 6 stops & so on~

‘97 Mirage II

I’ve been wanting one of these for years. Finally got around to making it a reality.

481F0882-43AD-4074-8479-EE1E37F41208.jpeg

Just now, bubs_42 said:

You realize this is how marriages end right? I mean back on the forum, guitars start arriving, next thing you know you forget her birthday. 

Her birthday is in 9 days.

She’s getting earrings and a bottle of wine...

2 hours ago, FGJ said:

How on earth did you score two with the same kind of beautiful wood? Those are gorgeous!

Just got lucky, 24 years apart...

3 hours ago, FGJ said:

Hey, what's with the hole next to the bridge? Is that like a Strat kind of bridge/trem and the hole is for a trem arm? 

Yes. The bridge is the Wilkinson VSV trem and the hole is for the trem arm. One of the most common complaints about the Mirage series is the choice of the Wilkinson bridge. I will most likely be replacing the Wilkinsons with the Mannmade vintage trem with a brass block. It is supposed to be a drop in replacement and much higher quality bridge. The Mannmade is a popular choice for upgrading the bridge on these guitars. 

On 3/15/2019 at 1:20 PM, Travis said:

Her birthday is in 9 days.

She’s getting earrings and a bottle of wine...

Get her a nice pair of shoes and you will be set. ;)

On 3/16/2019 at 7:13 AM, Travis said:

Yes. The bridge is the Wilkinson VSV trem and the hole is for the trem arm. One of the most common complaints about the Mirage series is the choice of the Wilkinson bridge. I will most likely be replacing the Wilkinsons with the Mannmade vintage trem with a brass block. It is supposed to be a drop in replacement and much higher quality bridge. The Mannmade is a popular choice for upgrading the bridge on these guitars. 

I have been very happy with the MannMade on my Shishkov.

D1oCBXB.jpg

5 hours ago, BubbaVO said:

I had a MM in a Daytona.   I really liked it too.  I'm interested in the super vee blade runner, but currently don't have a guitar for it.  :)

I’ve heard mixed opinions on the blade runner but I have no personal experience with it. 

Archived