Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Hamer headstocks —pics of the ones your guitars feature

zorrow

7 minutes ago, HamStd said:

Geez Gene, would you please buy a proper set of six-inline Grovers and quit flipping that mixed leftover righty set.

Yes. That's repug.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, HamStd said:

Geez Gene, would you please buy a proper set of six-inline Grovers and quit flipping that mixed leftover righty set.

Cool, I'll just cruise over to Mom and Pop's Lil Guitar Shoppe and pick me up a set of NOS 1977 Grovers this afternoon. Need anything? ;)

On 3/18/2019 at 2:11 PM, hamerhead said:

100_0494.jpg

ETA: I did NOT string the Vector that way!

Is that meant to be a fake Dean?

22 minutes ago, wil50n said:

Apart from the Special and Sunburst, were there any other guitars that had the model designation on the headstock ie not on the truss rod cover?

rjSHBXS.jpg

I don't think this is the norm but my Vector has its designation on the headstock and the truss rod cover :unsure:

1 hour ago, wil50n said:

Apart from the Special and Sunburst, were there any other guitars that had the model designation on the headstock ie not on the truss rod cover ?

1 hour ago, Dave Scepter said:

I don't think this is the norm but my Vector has its designation on the headstock and the truss rod cover :unsure:

I'm too lazy to dig it out and take pictures at the moment, but I have a Studio that is so marked on the headstock.  I want to say that I remember seeing a Cruisebass like that, too, but neither of mine are.

ETA:  Well, that was easy: 

3 hours ago, wil50n said:

Apart from the Special and Sunburst, were there any other guitars that had the model designation on the headstock ie not on the truss rod cover ?

Hamer SS-1 head.jpg

Hamer VIrt Head.jpg

Hamer Phantom 3x3 head.jpg

Would love to find one of these...!

DanHamer-1.jpg

5 minutes ago, custom53 said:

Would love to find one of these...!

DanHamer-1.jpg

Had the chance to get one years ago, but I passed because I'm an idiot.  

I don't have good one of my 2001 Artist Custom's headstock on my phone, and I'm out of the country until Thursday, but I had a question: I've seen 2001's with "Artist" on the TR cover (one for sale now that's only 100-200 serials away from mine), but mine has the 2000/2001+ cover shape (not the spear-point) blank. When did it become standard to put the model on the cover? 99.9% certain mine's original, as it was in virtually unplayed, NOS condition when I bought it in April, but confused to see some identical guitars with "Artist" on there.

I'll post pics of my 'stock as soon as I get home to my baby!

Edit: Found one!

nubpevoqviplkkmqfvh4.webp

6 hours ago, joshoowah said:

When did it become standard to put the model on the cover?

After they ran out of old TR covers. Some new style covers had it, some didn’t in those years.

Archived