Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Orange!

This was just delivered yesterday. It's from Orange's Custom Shop--50 watts, hand wired (MUCH neater than the wiring job on my amp kit!), and HEAVY--41 pounds!. The power transformer is huge!

Sound? I haven't even turned it on yet. I brought it home last night after work, and the wife is still sleeping. My apologies for the horrible pics--it was midnight with poor lighting.

IMG_0356.JPG

IMG_0354.JPG

IMG_0353.JPG

Oh nice! Is it supposed to sound like any particular amplifier, or just supposed to sound GOOD? That's some seriously neat wiring on the inside, and some BIG IRON on that little guy. Almost looks like a Mesa Boogie combo with that much packed into such a small space.

1 hour ago, Thundersteel said:

Sound? I haven't even turned it on yet. I brought it home last night after work, and the wife is still sleeping. My apologies for the horrible pics--it was midnight with poor lighting.

Lolz, I am only interested in how this beast sounds! It can be wired by small feries for all I care and still sound like crap. Test it, LOUD! I want to know what you think. These are cool amps. I know stoner guys like them, and that guy in Blackberry Smoke. Give us a full tone report! :-)

I was able to play it for a FULL MINUTE this morning while the wife was outside feeding the birds (aka squirrels). Sounds like a Marshall, with a touch of that Orange "growl." It'll do anything from cleans to AC/DC-type tones, and a little beyond. It does classic metal as well, but not "new" metal without help of a pedal. I don't play that stuff anyway, so it doesn't bother me. I'm surprised at how much gain it does have, considering it only has 2 preamp tubes. The build quality is outstanding--it's a keeper! 

They way you describe it, it sounds like a lovely amp. I would love to try one out! Thanks for the tone report.

Archived