Hamer Fan Club Message Center
Sign in to follow this  
Gino

Software discovery!

Posted (edited)

I didn't think too much (or too high) of amp modelling / simulating software until recently. Have NI Guitar Rig 5, but somehow that always drove me back to my real amps - just didn't have it somehow.

Through some recording forum I became aware of Scuffham Amp SGear software, that even got the approval of Youtube's "Plexi-Pope" Johan Segeborn ! So, what the heck, I downloaded the full version for a 15-day-demo ride.

Holy moly, this is really it! Yeah, it sounds great, but so do a bunch of other guitar plugins. But this has the feel, the dynamics, it is really 99 % like playing through a real amp!

I reaaaally like it! So much that I might pull the trigger - it's 129.- $.

It only has 5 amps, a bunch of cab-IRs and two pretty versatile effect processors, but I think it's as good as it gets.

Give it a try!

https://www.scuffhamamps.com/

Edited by Gino
  • Like 3

+1.  This is a great emulation.

I've used this for a few years now.  On the surface, it's not as blingy as some of the other software emulations, but it is very flexible.  The base amps they give you cover a lot of ground.  There are tons of presets that can get you in the ballpark of where you want to be.  Add in the IRs, and there's a lot of park to play in.