Hamer Fan Club Message Center

WTB: Gibson R7 Goldtop w/ Mini HBs

1 minute ago, Jack C said:

i have a badass 2003 R7 with full size HBs (Wolfetone Marshallheads) that I'd sell.  Never heard of an R7 with minis. 

Nor have I.

Last summer I pulled the P90's out of my Duotone and dropped in Lollar mini hums and put it back in it's case. Took it to band rehearsal last week and the guitar kills! We have a gig tomorrow and I am going to bring it. The mini's are awesome. Never had a guitar with minis before, but I am now a believer. Good luck in the hunt!

DSCN0840 (1024x768).jpg

5 hours ago, atomicwash said:

Maybe an R6 and swap out the soapbars for mini hums?

Funny, I bought an R6 with exactly that in mind.  I may still end up going that way but my R6 is so damn good I'd rather not.

Finding a second R6 and doing the swap would be quicker than finding a limited release R7 but I want something turnkey.

1 hour ago, cynic said:

Funny, I bought an R6 with exactly that in mind.  I may still end up going that way but my R6 is so damn good I'd rather not.

Finding a second R6 and doing the swap would be quicker than finding a limited release R7 but I want something turnkey.

I’d like an R4 or R6 with TV Jones Classics. 

To me this is laughable.  Recreate some Epiphone-made pick-ups from the '70s  and stick them in a guitar from the 1950s   It is Gibson nonsense.

How can that sound better than my '71? Okay, it is 28 ounces lighter.  

2 hours ago, Pieman said:

To me this is laughable.  Recreate some Epiphone-made pick-ups from the '70s  and stick them in a guitar from the 1950s   It is Gibson nonsense.

How can that sound better than my '71? Okay, it is 28 ounces lighter.  

Can you help or not?

On 3/22/2019 at 3:39 PM, cynic said:

I found myself in the same position, those R6 P90s sound fantastic but curiosity forced me to swap them out with Lollar mini-hums and, no big surprise, they sound awesome too. So I switch them back and forth every now and then,,,

Worth noting is that the R6 is routed out for the p90s to sit directly on a wood "shelf", if you want to get the mini-hums in there you have to route some of that shelf out,,, which is scary even if you are a woodworker.

Archived