Hamer Fan Club Message Center

SOLD FS: 2008 Hamer Talladega Pro ('59 Burst)

Another gem that isn't getting much playing time lately.  

Up for sell is my 2008 Hamer Talladega Pro in '59 Burst.  This guitar is in excellent condition with only a few blemishes/wear related items to note and that I've tried to capture in the pictures and bulleted below.  Nothing impacts the structural performance or playability of the guitar.  Please ask ALL questions before purchase.  The guitar is about 7.5/8 out of 10.

This guitar currently has a set of Wagner (WCR) Godwoods (Black/Reverse Zebra) with push/pull volume pots to split both the neck and bridge pickups; the bridge volume nob splits the bridge and the neck volume nob splits the neck.  I refer to this guitar as my Les Paul killer as it sounds very fat and juicy ☺️.  The Wagner pickups are a definite upgrade over the Duncans.

This sell includes the original Seymour Duncans with the original volume pots, the COA and Welcome Card, and the original Hamer hardshell case.

On a serious note - this guitar sounds absolutely amazing - both acoustically and through any of my amps. It will make someone a very nice, professional and stage-ready guitar.  The guitar and fretboard could use a nice cleaning.

List of known blemishes/wear related details captured in the pictures:

• A really small nick that shows a little wood at the top of the belly cut on the back - see pic
  • A few small impressions on the top, back and on the neck - I've tried to capture them in the pictures
  • Almost no swirling or surface scuffing on the back
  • Some scuffing on the hardshell case
  • Very light oxidation on the Seymour Duncans
  • Some oxidation and little discoloration on the wraparound bridge
  • Minor fretware

I'd like to sell in the 48 contiguous US states if possible - although I will entertain serious international buyers.

SOLD and it is yours - buyer pays shipping.  Sold As-Is 

Front.png

FullBack.png

FullFront.png

COA.png

pickups3.png

pickups1.png

headstockback.png

headstockfront.png

4 minutes ago, DBraz said:

A wonderful looking guitar.  Classy!  If it sounds as good as it looks... 

GLWTS

It's interesting, visually speaking - this is perhaps the least exotic and flashy topped guitar I have but it sounds freaking killer.  It was my primary studio guitar for the last few years - so versatile and rich sounding...

I would still opine that to be the best production model Hamer made. The wrap tail works well for the tone. And those are some of my favorite pickups ever.....Gotta be even more versatile with the coil splits added.

But I am still in the unloading mode......

1 minute ago, django49 said:

I would still opine that to be the best production model Hamer made. The wrap tail works well for the tone. And those are some of my favorite pickups ever.....Gotta be even more versatile with the coil splits added.

But I am still in the unloading mode......

Yeah, the split coil feature takes it through the roof...

Archived