Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Shipping a bass to the Netherlands ...

So far the lowest quote is from Fed Ex at $533 without packaging.  I charged the guy $450 because I know it would be expensive but I would rather not lose any money.

Any suggestions as to other shipping companies?  I'm pretty sure UPS and USPS will be more expensive. 

4 minutes ago, Punkavenger said:

Ok, USPS  was $128... Wow! What a difference. Hope it makes it safe!  ;)

Put paper towels between the neck and strings.   Detune the guitar so there is no tension.  Fill in any voids within the case with supermarket plastic bags so there is no wiggle room.   Use bubble wrap under and over the tuning head so any impacts will be absorbed.  Wrap the case in 1" bubble wrap before inserting in the box, fill in the voids with peanuts.  Insure shipment with your Heritage Musical instrument policy. 

1 minute ago, Studio Custom said:

Put paper towels between the neck and strings.   Detune the guitar so there is no tension.  Fill in any voids within the case with supermarket plastic bags so there is no wiggle room.   Use bubble wrap under and over the tuning head so any impacts will be absorbed.  Wrap the case in 1" bubble wrap before inserting in the box, fill in the voids with peanuts.  Insure shipment with your Heritage Musical instrument policy. 

Great advise ... bad timing  :)

A number of USA Hamers have been shipped from the USA to me in The Netherlands, always via USPS.

No problems have occurred.

The price was always between $80 and $120.

However it is possible a bass will be more expensive due to to the larger size.

Now the last guitar that was shipped to me from the USA is my Irma-guitar (Talladega) and it went to my current habitat on Sint Maarten in the Northeastern Carribbean.

Took a long time, was quite expensive (like $230), but it survived the hurricane!

Gabe 😃

Take off the neck of the bass if possible.  Smaller package = cheaper.

Usps seems to be the way right now.

As of my personal experience, USPS is greatly working for Europe and the by far cheapest afterall. 

Archived