Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA: Blitz Bass, Seafoam Green

Okay...

Problem #1 with the listing:

1.  IT IS NOT AN ORIGINAL SEAFOAM GREEN FINISH!!!  That's clearly a refin.

Problem #2...

2. Headstock decal has no "USA" after the "Hamer", and appears to be a decal, not a Hamer dry transfer.

Problem #3...

3. Side jack has been relocated to the top.  Interesting that there are no pictures of where the original jack was located, but...

Problem #4...

4. Headstock has been slightly reshaped from sanding.  Edges are gone, and shape is slightly altered, and the formerly black (or matching) face has been sanded down to the maple veneer and stained what looks like a brownish gray.  Ewww.

Problem #5...

5.  The asking price.  You've got to be facking kidding me!  :D   Even cutting that in half would be way high for a refinished, non-original Blitz Bass.

Knobs are also not original, since I'm piling on here.

On a positive, he's offering any fool who buys that one free shipping, and it DOES come with a case!  

53 minutes ago, cmatthes said:

5.  The asking price.  You've got to be facking kidding me!  :D   Even cutting that in half would be way high for a refinished, non-original Blitz Bass.

Amen, it's $1550 more than the Blitz Bass in good, all original condition that just showed up at my door!

2 hours ago, Keoghpjk said:

Amen, it's $1550 more than the Blitz Bass in good, all original condition that just showed up at my door!

Amen, Amen, $1700 more than the naturally reliced Blitz Bass I received today. Kudos to @Eli

2AFB4C13-699C-42C6-BE78-E98107626A5D.jpeg

Blitzkrieg!

18 minutes ago, Steve Haynie said:

Do sellers no longer look up what prices have been on instruments that have actually sold?

Probably not.  That would take effort.

Even if they do on reverb it doesn’t necessarily show what it sold for.  They show the listing price as the sold price on a guitar I bought a few years ago, but I offered and payed $400 less than the list price(through reverb).  

Either way.  This one is COCV

This other Blitz bass I found on Reverb is somewhat more reasonably priced (no affiliation), though IMO that's not saying much as the green wood stain does nothing for me (yuck!).  I'm fairly sure that this one is significantly earlier than 1992, considering that it's got an early-style truss rod cover, mahogany neck rather than maple, and what looks like the original but beat up case:

https://reverb.com/item/20944645-hamer-blitz-1992-transparent-green

1 hour ago, Toadroller said:

Amen, Amen, $1700 more than the naturally reliced Blitz Bass I received today. Kudos to @Eli

Blitzkrieg!

That Blitz looks really nice, worn in just the right way!  I've got an '85 Cruisebass in Trans Cherry with the same size Hamer headstock logo, is your Blitz an '85 or '86?

5 hours ago, cmatthes said:

Okay...

Problem #1 with the listing:

1.  IT IS NOT AN ORIGINAL SEAFOAM GREEN FINISH!!!  That's clearly a refin.

Problem #2...

2. Headstock decal has no "USA" after the "Hamer", and appears to be a decal, not a Hamer dry transfer.

Problem #3...

3. Side jack has been relocated to the top.  Interesting that there are no pictures of where the original jack was located, but...

Problem #4...

4. Headstock has been slightly reshaped from sanding.  Edges are gone, and shape is slightly altered, and the formerly black (or matching) face has been sanded down to the maple veneer and stained what looks like a brownish gray.  Ewww.

Problem #5...

Knobs are also not original, since I'm piling on here.

On a positive, he's offering any fool who buys that one free shipping, and it DOES come with a case!  

Not to pile on but doesn't this also say that the seller Texas Music Emporium either know's shit about what they are selling or they know and just don't care. 

3 hours ago, Toadroller said:

Blitzkrieg!

Damn!

I could have gotten so much more!!!

Very glad my old bass is happy in its new home.

Archived