Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Who is this guy, Kai Hansen?

He’s the father of German power metal, founder of Helloween, then founder of Gamma Ray. One of my preferred rock musicians EVER. Kai Hansen RULES! 🤘

Much prefer Kai’s vocals nowadays over the first Helloween album, from which that track featured. Walls of Jericho suffered in the production IMHO. 

One of my favorite European power metal musicians! I have come to appreciate Helloween & Gamma Ray when I started listening to the power metal channel on my Stingray Music service. It inspires to work on my rock chops in my playing when I hear this type of music. 

Guitar George

12 hours ago, Hamer95USA said:

One of my favorite European power metal musicians! I have come to appreciate Helloween & Gamma Ray when I started listening to the power metal channel on my Stingray Music service. It inspires to work on my rock chops in my playing when I hear this type of music. 

Guitar George

It almost inspired me to turn on an amp and pick up a guitar. Almost. 

This is Kay Hansen playing the role of the Master of Toys, in the Avantasia rock opera —the music starts about 1:50. The original track was sung by Alice Cooper, but Kai does a great job live: 

2 hours ago, zorrow said:

This is Kay Hansen playing the role of the Master of Toys, in the Avantasia rock opera —the music starts about 1:50. The original track was sung by Alice Cooper, but Kai does a great job live: 

Love me some aventasia. Dare I say that I preferred Kai’s vocals to Alice’s on the studio album...

This is one I find very representative of Kai Hansen’s style, from the speedy riffs and melodic lines to the guitar solos and vocals. I hope you’ll like it:

This other one shows some Rush influences. You might find it interesting too:

It’s funny, I’ve been listening to Gamma Ray repeatedly since you guys reminded me they existed —as you might have noticed, I am a fan. Thank you for bringing back so many great memories!

Archived