Hamer Fan Club Message Center

NGWE & More! Sorta Hamer Content

Last Friday I got the text from Shane saying that my guitars would be ready to be picked up by this past Saturday. This happened to be the day that DBraz was stopping by after his Shishkov acquisition. So, @ 7:15 AM I headed out for Mifflintown, PA and acquired the below pictured beauties. Upon my return, I was delighted to learn that DBraz would be driven down to meet me by none other than Mike Shishkov. When we all gathered, I gave Mike a tour of the Hamer collection in the basement and headed out for dinner. The next day David and I spent the day jamming on the collection of axes and exploring Axe FX3 a bit. It was an incredible weekend not soon to be forgotten! Today saw me finally able to really dig into the Spitfire and even get the bastard Cali, "Crackle" wired, set up and ready to rock.

The Spitfire is a dream machine (for me) with some of the best attributes from Hamer, Charvel and well, technically, Fender. It is a straight ahead rawk machine with just the right features and firepower to put a smile on this face. The neck is quite possibly one of the finest I've had the pleasure of running my meat mitts over. The profile and finish are to die for. Gravelin's prototype double slug Goose provides all the firepower and more. The Floyd is set up perfectly. I am over the moon on this one! Even Shane said this guitar was really special and "the guitar was too much for me, way too good an instrument for a hack like me to play" I think the same applies to me as well.

Shane also created a maple on maple replacement neck for a Cali project, taken from the specs and profile of one of my fave Cali's. He faithfully reproduced a neck of impeccable quality befitting use on the exalted Cali I had painted in neon pink crackle. He even stamped a serial number I made up (on the fly) on the head stock, using numbers stamps similar to what Hamer  used. The only deviation from Hamer specs is the jumbo stainless steel frets and the burled fascia on the head stock, something I've not seen on a Cali.

spacer.pngspacer.pngUnfortunately, I keep getting a # 6 message to ask for assistance. So, no photos... yet.

IMG_7349.jpg

Crackle Cali.jpg

26 minutes ago, scottcald said:

Are those both custom builds or is the one on the right a modded Cali?  Hard to keep up with your modding madness sometimes.  😀

Tsk tsk  you haven't been keeping up with my posts ;) 

The one on the left is the custom build, the one on the right is a USA Cali body I had refinished and added a replacement neck that Shane build.

4 hours ago, Dutchman said:

Tough question, have you picked a favorite yet?

Errr, uhhh... ummm. No. 😆

I will say that the HEL carved neck on the Cali is prolly my fave neck out of all of the axes I own. That's saying a lot. Had him carve it as a hybrid between the Jackson 12- 16" compound radius and the Hamer 14"-   12- 14" compound radius. Sweeeeeeet!

Archived