Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Found another great video by Zen

I had not seen this one. Thanks for sharing. Zen is da man!

Edit: Zen is going all in Brad Paisley style here. Killer playing. What does he eat for breakfast?

That’s certainly a newer one. Last time I spoke to him he mentioned that SD fell back to him. He’s simply is the best... isn’t he?

13 hours ago, Disturber said:

I had not seen this one. Thanks for sharing. Zen is da man!

Edit: Zen is going all in Brad Paisley style here. Killer playing. What does he eat for breakfast?

Our Lunch!

😉

That was probably my favorite video he's ever done. Not because of the guitar or pickups, and not for the video itself, but his playing was just great. I already thought he played well, but I'm impressed more than ever at his playing. Just wonderful stuff there. I'm envious.

Loved it!

That video is from 2016 - does he have any newer ones out with SD?

4 minutes ago, cmatthes said:

That video is from 2016 - does he have any newer ones out with SD?

Oh...😏Oops.

I don't have that info, but if there ain't any new demo-vids, there should be!

Compare the majority of, "x-guitar product" demos or "reviews." With a few exceptions (gearmandude, ProGuitarShop, Catalinbread, et al), they're usually poorly recorded/filmed with gonzo-distorto gain and way too much lame dialogue. I like Zen's vids because they don't have much talking, but spiffy graphic descriptions of the different sound examples. Excellent A/V quality, even at the lower resolutions.

It's a guitar players world, yes indeed, and I DIG youtube.com for it, but, MAN...one really has to dig through the dirt to find the truffles.

Agreed.  He's got the combination of a great eye/ear for the overall composition - each of his videos are so different, yet consistently great.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope Geoff doesn't mind me saying this, but his playing developed a maturity and taste seemingly in a year or two that usually takes decades. Basically, he said he posted a few vids just messing around w/ some fast playing to demo some gear, and some internet trolls flamed his playing (as they do), and it inspired him to write some tasty musical pieces "that nobody could make fun of". I have not spoke w/ him in awhile, but I hope he releases an album of the stuff he has written for these gear demos, it really is beautiful music.   

13 hours ago, Brooks said:

I hope Geoff doesn't mind me saying this, but his playing developed a maturity and taste seemingly in a year or two that usually takes decades. Basically, he said he posted a few vids just messing around w/ some fast playing to demo some gear, and some internet trolls flamed his playing (as they do), and it inspired him to write some tasty musical pieces "that nobody could make fun of". I have not spoke w/ him in awhile, but I hope he releases an album of the stuff he has written for these gear demos, it really is beautiful music.   

You nailed it, Brooks.

Archived