Hamer Fan Club Message Center

NOGTD

New Old GT/Goldtop Day ... 1993.  She's got a few issues but I can fix them all, and they made for a really, really nice price compared to current street. Those are Rio Bluesbars. Look also for trace evidence of a clean pro head crack repair as well.

7GzrpBL.jpg

xzpUDuI.jpg

rBQ8WOq.jpg

BfSQClm.jpg

l1JBFh5.jpg

lx62uPJ.jpg

ATEXVpj.jpg

Nice, even before the repair work!  Maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me, but I don't ever recall seeing an Archtop GT with a 'Stadium'-sized Hamer logo (it IS a 'Stadium'-sized logo, isn't it?).  If so, it must have been an early one for 1993!

55 minutes ago, BubbaVO said:

The GTs are sharp.  What needs to be done on her?

** Full refret with probably Jescar 51100. I need that wire represented for shop clients (I have my personal guitars fretted with slight varieties of jumbos so folks can feel the differences) and Jescar 51100 is a raw wire that's comparable to OEM Hamer but harder and ever so slightly taller.

** New harness. Only one of the three pots in it are Hamer stamped and there is solder everywhere. One is a 250K CTS (P-90s like 500s) the other is something stamped Korea. The cap sounds like its made of tar - absolute MUD. As good as the Bluesbars sound, I think the current harness is holding it back.

** Look closely at the body's bass and treble side waist cuts. The binding has shrunk ever so slightly and pulled away from the curves just a tad. I'll heat the binding gently with a heat gun and get the binding back where it started with adhesive and binding tape just for that job. Easy breezy.

1 hour ago, crunchee said:

Nice, even before the repair work!  Maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me, but I don't ever recall seeing an Archtop GT with a 'Stadium'-sized Hamer logo (it IS a 'Stadium'-sized logo, isn't it?).  If so, it must have been an early one for 1993!

The lack of crowned and bound and the stadium logo was what caught my eye initially as well haha.

Archived