Hamer Fan Club Message Center

I am seriously Tribal. Are you with me?

I need more information.   What language are they singing?  Is there a translation?  They look pretty white to be members of any tribe.  Sorry for the ignorance. 

13 hours ago, dhuber said:

I need more information.   What language are they singing?  Is there a translation?  They look pretty white to be members of any tribe.  Sorry for the ignorance. 

I think it's from ancient Northern Europe. Possibly Viking? From what I understand, the songs are from ancient written word, possibly German? Heilung means Healing or Healer. The songs are possibly about planting and harvesting and to appease the gods. Possibly also war to intimidate the opponent. It's from a long time ago when life and death and the earth were all equal and the same. I've picked up these little bits here and there and really should just search Wiki. 

5 minutes ago, Ting Ho Dung said:

I think it's from ancient Northern Europe. Possibly Viking? From what I understand, the songs are from ancient written word, possibly German? Heilung means Healing or Healer. The songs are possibly about planting and harvesting and to appease the gods. Possibly also war to intimidate the opponent. It's from a long time ago when life and death and the earth were all equal and the same. I've picked up these little bits here and there and really should just search Wiki. 

From the YouTube comments-

'This language is proto Norse. Not old norse. Old norse was the language spoken by the vikings. This is much older. This was the language that some germanic people spoke on the Downfall of roman Empire hundreds of years before the viking advent. More, this have pagan influence from the 0 to 500 ad. Not that end of pagan influence in nords land of circa 800-900, the time of viking era. So heilung want to show something more older and primitive than..." Viking music", because this is not that, is another thing, as i said before.'

I wonder they had in-ear monitors at the time. Is this in anyway authentic?

17 hours ago, dhuber said:

Chicks got some pipes. I'll give her that. But I'd need to be doing some peyote or some such shit to fully appreciate this stuff. And since those daze are LONG behind me, I made it only so far before I got bored.

Ya know, if they used some more dance-able beats this shit would make for some serious tripped out rave music. 😆

4 hours ago, gorch said:

I wonder they had in-ear monitors at the time. Is this in anyway authentic?

The music is theirs but the lyrics are from written words from the Iron Age. I thought much of it was in German. No?

Edit to add: The instruments are authentic from the age except the microphones and amplification. 

3 hours ago, diablo175 said:

Chicks got some pipes. I'll give her that. But I'd need to be doing some peyote or some such shit to fully appreciate this stuff. And since those daze are LONG behind me, I made it only so far before I got bored.

Ya know, if they used some more dance-able beats this shit would make for some serious tripped out rave music. 😆

Beer helps.

11 minutes ago, Ting Ho Dung said:

Beer helps.

I ain't got enough on hand... :P

22 hours ago, Ting Ho Dung said:

The music is theirs but the lyrics are from written words from the Iron Age. I thought much of it was in German. No?

Edit to add: The instruments are authentic from the age except the microphones and amplification. 

Actually, I had heard of them before and thought they were bizarre. No modern German as far as my ears wanted to follow. 

Archived