Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA and I thought I had seen everything!

Gotta love the auction/item text:

Selling a Carvin 6-String Electric Guitar. Couldn't find all that much information on this guitar, hence why we priced it so high. Wanted to completely avoid the possibility of underpricing them by pricing them absurdly high. We are open to any and all information on these guitars we have listed for 30k, though of course we aren't just going to accept any and all information we get as true. Since anyone can say, "Oh it's worth like $200". We will be doing our own research while we're at it. Please feel free to message us with any questions, comments, or information you may have about this item. Thank you!

Seller's located in Meridian, Mississippi, which coincidentally is the home of Peavey; but I woulda thought they'd be more knowledgable about guitars because of that, and less of a clueless dumb ass.  That being said, maybe they'd accept a Peavey guitar as trade?  <_< :rolleyes: :lol:

12 minutes ago, Ua D said:

Typical pawn shop bs.  

Yeah, the seller is Meridian Gun & Pawn.  I can appreciate their position.  It's surely easier to say "make me an offer" than research prices on things they may know little about.

From what I can tell, it has these options:

-Mahogany neck and body

-Tobacco Sunburst Finish

-Coil Tap Switches

That's it. Other than that it's a plain DC127.

Probably just over $1000 new when it was made 10 years ago. They haven't had the satin sperzels as their locking tuners for a while.

Years ago I picked up a DC127 at a pawnshop for $150. Wish I'd kept it, they appear to have gone up in price... 

You can order this guitar new from Kiesel and save $28,500. Except for the name on the headstock. And you'll pay shipping.

I happen to really like Carvins, but that is just plain ridiculous. It may be worth around $25K if it came with the Carvin case, but $30K is crazy:P Seriusly, nice DC127, but with no case, it`s worth a few Hundy, maybe,  if it`s all Mahogany.

I just had the seven-string version DC come through for bench TLC. I cannot wait to tell its owner he has a $35K guitar.

Wait, his had a quilt upgrade, trans blue upgrade, factory active preamp upgrade and factory master vols and tones for each pickup like a LP. Holy shit, what a boon upon which mah baw sits!

On 4/10/2019 at 7:30 AM, Jeff R said:

I just had the seven-string version DC come through for bench TLC. I cannot wait to tell its owner he has a $35K guitar.

Wait, his had a quilt upgrade, trans blue upgrade, factory active preamp upgrade and factory master vols and tones for each pickup like a LP. Holy shit, what a boon upon which mah baw sits!

Don't forget to tell him that blue guitars sound better, too!

Archived