Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Artist Custom Optimistic Price?

You can do an advanced search on Ebay, to find out the closing auction prices on guitars (or pretty much anything else that was listed on Ebay for that matter), and see which listings/auctions actually sold, and for how much they sold for.  It's more realistic than looking at some price guide that may be 'optimistic' in it's price ranges.  As long as you use the same item terminology (i.e.,' Hamer Artist Custom') that the seller uses in their listings, you should get results.  Keep in mind that you can only find previous/ended/completed listings going back about six months though; and be careful that you don't confuse listings that sold with listings that didn't.  And of course there's still the old rule: if you have to ask if something is too 'optimistically' priced, then it very likely is.

Cool guitar and a great looker and if the condition is at that spec it would be a great guitar to buy.................. but. having said that and regarding his asking price I'd say get ready for  "PLAN B". Wishing is a good thing but getting is quite another.

I read the full description and based on my understanding of what I think he tried to say, plan B is definitely happening.

"I will not relist it after the 7 day auction period, and will not accept offers below the starting auction price of $2900. After next week I go to plan B and won't put it back on Ebay so this is it."

So the seller included the "Make an Offer" option in  hope of getting offers above the $2,900 starting auction price? :huh:

Plan B from Outer Reality....(oops, terrible dad joke. Too terrible to erase and hide from. Must be shared) 

That Artist Custom for sale on E-bay looks a lot like the one that I have minus the gold hardware that I got in a trade from Kaseygree. Hameritis and the year it was produced. It has a really nice blonde flame maple finish with the binding and OHSC. The asking price is really high though. I would make an offer of $1,500 if I was in the market for one. $2,900 is way too high for that guitar, but anything goes considering that these guitars are no longer in production. 

Guitar George

Archived