Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Stop! Hamer Time!

1 minute ago, Boomerang~Junkie said:

Unbelievable - wow!

So, is it eleven  or twelve in that harem ???   :)

Eleven guitars, 12 necks. How's that? :)😄

2 hours ago, gorch said:

Very colorful. I love it!

Just need a blue one to complete the spectrum ;)

Just now, kizanski said:

"Look at all that color... It looks like Walt Disney threw up."
-Wendell Sonny Lawson

Walt would have exceptional taste in super strats, though. ;)

6 minutes ago, Studio Custom said:

A blue O'Connor marble.  And a Guns and Money.  And a Hollowskull.   It's a journey, not a destination. 

Actually, had a blue Cali but sadly, like the Guns and Money & Hollowskull, it had no reversed head stock. It was destined to go. Utility governs whatever collecting jonz I might have and the herd will likely remain without those. In fact, this herd will likely shrink in the next few years.

88CaliElite.jpg

22 hours ago, diablo175 said:

Cali Family Portrait:

IMG_7375.jpg

IMG_7382.jpg

IMG_7378.jpg

I'm sorry I can't look at this. Your lawn is terribly patchy and you can have all the Calis in the wold but if you're not properly scarifying your lawn and adding some Evergreen 4 in 1 grass treatment then frankly I'm surprised you're even allowed to be on this forum. ...waiter, check please.

9 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

I'm sorry I can't look at this. Your lawn is terribly patchy and you can have all the Calis in the wold but if you're not properly scarifying your lawn and adding some Evergreen 4 in 1 grass treatment then frankly I'm surprised you're even allowed to be on this forum. ...waiter, check please.

Not sure how lawns look in early Spring in Blighty but here, that's actually pretty good for early April. Some years, we're still waiting for snow to melt at this stage. ;)

1 minute ago, diablo175 said:

Not sure how lawns look in early Spring in Blighty but here, that's actually pretty good for early April. Some years, we're still waiting for snow to melt at this stage. ;)

Too F-ing true.

I can confirm I've played all but one of these.  My personal favourite is the Cali Custom (C3).  It does everything right - huge sound, rolls off on the volume brilliantly, responsive, looks cool and is fast.

Before my last visit just over a week ago, rather conveniently, Diablo75 has setup his guitars much more in line with my own so I found playing them an absolute breeze.  What an AWESOME set of Cali's.

ROCK ON!!!

1 hour ago, DBraz said:

I can confirm I've played all but one of these.  My personal favourite is the Cali Custom (C3).  It does everything right - huge sound, rolls off on the volume brilliantly, responsive, looks cool and is fast.

Before my last visit just over a week ago, rather conveniently, diablo175 has setup his guitars much more in line with my own so I found playing them an absolute breeze.  What an AWESOME set of Cali's.

ROCK ON!!!

Fixed. ;)

In fairness to DBraz- I was somewhat prompted (inspired?) to adjust the action on the majority of my axes following on the heels of a discussion we had about string height a while back.  More recently, I read something that also discussed the connection between tone and string height and had been tinkering with them trying to find the sweet spot- that perfect balance between optimal tone and ease of playing. Not that it helps. I still play like shit. 😂

58 minutes ago, Dave Scepter said:

Wow!

I have the same reaction almost every time I go into my studio where they're kept. ;)

22 hours ago, diablo175 said:

Actually, had a blue Cali but sadly, like the Guns and Money & Hollowskull, it had no reversed head stock. It was destined to go. Utility governs whatever collecting jonz I might have and the herd will likely remain without those. In fact, this herd will likely shrink in the next few years.

The doubleneck aslo does not have a reversed head stock.

Can you send it to me please for $350?

Gabe 😎

3 minutes ago, Gabe said:

The doubleneck aslo does not have a reversed head stock.

Can you send it to me please for $350?

Gabe 😎

The Double neck gets a bye. It makes up for it's rather pedestrian head stock orientation by having two necks ;)

45 minutes ago, diablo175 said:

I have the same reaction almost every time I go into my studio where they're kept. ;)

What it must be like walking into Jims Studio... Treasures for sure!.. thanks for sharing...LNxFrm0.png

1 minute ago, diablo175 said:

The Double neck gets a bye. It makes up for it's rather pedestrian head stock orientation by having two necks ;)

Reminds me of a comedy skit:

So I'm dating this girl for a while, and she wants to talk about something. 

I'm figuring, arrggghhh, she's gonna wanna move in with me or make this too serious. 

So she starts off with, "I want you to know I'm bi".  I am LIKE YESSSSSSSSSSSSS this is the best day of my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!  "polar".

spacer.png

On 4/9/2019 at 11:26 AM, HAMERMAN said:

Amazing collection!

What did you decide about string height that prompted the change?

Well, I don't measure that shit except by feel and, occasionally, eye-  but it's gotta be low enough to facilitate optimal ease/speed of fretting, but far enough off the board to avoid any fretting out or buzzing and far enough off the pickups to get a good tone. Naturally, p'up height also factors in to that equation a good bit. It also goes without saying that "good tone" is highly subjective.

Archived