Hamer Fan Club Message Center

A really nice example of a Hamer Echotone from Korea.

All the electronics have been replaced with Gibson parts and sounds and plays as well as many Gibson ES-335's. The hardware has been upgraded as well.

Here's some more info on the upgrades:

Gorgeous Cherry Color.,No big dings or scratches, shows light play wear though. TKL Hardshell Case Included. Just Had a Full Fret Dress and Level.

Bone Nut
Grover Tuners
All Gibson Hardware
Full Rewire with Push Back Wiring and CTS Pots
Dimarzio Air Norton in the Bridge and a Seymour Duncan 59 in the Neck.
Full Fret Job and Setup

Comes with hardshell case. $600 paypal'd and shipped.

echotone4.jpg

echotone1.jpg

echotone2.jpg

echotone3.jpg

It's a really great guitar for the money. I had picked up a Gibson Johnny A and have too many guitars that cover the same sonic ground and would like to see this go to a good home.

I wish I was still playing as much as I used to..! I have always wanted a Hamer Echotone but I can't justify buying one now a days. Good Luck with the sale.. They are Great Guitars..! And who-ever buys it will Not Be Disappointed..!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/17/2019 at 10:11 AM, Marvelicious said:

Those Korean Echotones are surprisingly good guitars... Just a few component upgrades and they're excellent. 

Looks like he made a few of those upgrades: Grovers, pickups, possibly bridge and tailpiece.

22 hours ago, MCChris said:

Looks like he made a few of those upgrades: Grovers, pickups, possibly bridge and tailpiece.

Absolutely... it's a funny thing, you never get your money back out of the upgrades on a guitar like that, but it's worth every penny if you're going to hang on to it for a while. If you can find someone who has done it already, it's a sweet deal. 

A friend bought an Echotone a while back that somehow came loaded with those stupidly expensive Tom Holmes humbuckers... he bought the guitar for about half what a set of those pickups goes for! I've always wondered about the decision to sell it without swapping those out... 

For anyone curious about the cork sniffery involved with the insanely priced Holmes pickups... This friend and I have very similar tastes in tone, so we did the Pepsi challenge - Echotone vs Echotone. Both have been wired with 50s style wiring, both have similar cap values (I want to say 0.015 and 0.022)... His has the Holmes pickups, mine has Seth Lovers. End result: we could hardly tell them apart! I'm sure the true believers will say our ears aren't sophisticated enough to hear the subtleties, and maybe they're right... I'll comfort myself about my crappy ears with all the cash I've saved.

I'm always amazed that with most of my guitars or amps I pick up, I tend to wander into the same types of tone regardless. There are some exceptions to that like bigger hollow body guitars but I find myself gravitating towards only a few types of tones.

Some guitars are darker sounding and I brighten them up from the amp, some are really bright and darken them up.

I think for me, it comes down to more of a feel thing. Some guitars just have more mojo or speak to  you.

I have a couple of other guitars similar to my Echotone, a Korean Epi Dot that has more sentimental value and similar upgrades. I also have a Gibson Johnny A with a Bigsby and everytime I go to pickup the Echotone, I think I should play the Johnny A. They both sound great, but because I have so much more invested in the Gibson, I feel too guilty enjoying my Echotone.

Archived