Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Paul Raymond IBS

stobro

Yep. Played on some of my favorite albums.   Loved how he could play keys but also grab a guitar and rock out.     He played a few shows with ufo the last. week.   Dude went out swingin.     

BTW, if you want to listen to some good hard rock, in the vein of UFO and even with (to my ears) a slight Beatles-like flavour, I strongly recommend his Paul Raymond Project. He plays keyboards and guitar on it, and he also sings. You’ll see, he’s a competent vocalist too.

Here’s an example —it’s a cover, and Michael Schenker guests on it:

The Paul Raymond Project is on Spotify too:

Enjoy and celebrate!

I loved that he used an electric piano (Wurly A200/Rhodes) on many of the old UFO songs. My favorite song that featured him was also written by him, "Never Trust A Stranger" from the 2nd MSG album.

• 2 weeks later...

Some cool news.   Neil Carter who played on wild willing and innocent  mechanix and Gary Moore will be playing with ufo on the remaining dates.    He is a retired professor.   Yikes.   We are all getting old.      Might check out that last Connecticut show.   https://eddietrunk.com/ufo-announce-neil-carter-will-join-the-band-for-the-late-paul-raymond-tour-to-continue/

Archived