Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Game of Thrones Guitars??

cynic

This is why I will never be wealthy.  I am congenitally incapable of identifying the wedge to separate the fool and his money.  This sounds as likely to me as Jerry, Elaine, George and Kramer-themed soccer balls, but here they are.

1 minute ago, hamerhead said:

That'll look nice next to my 'Who Shot JR?.' Les Paul.

...in my Guitars That I Will Never Buy Based on Shows I Don't Give a Fuck About collection.

On 4/16/2019 at 7:28 PM, Steve Haynie said:

I never have watched the show, so I can objectively say, "fugly." 

I'm another proud member of the "I've Never Watched a Single Minute Of...." club. 

And yes, objectively speaking, they're ugly as shite. They belong in the same category as those multi-beveled, insect shaped abominations peddled by Schecter, ESP/LTD, and Ibanez and aimed at students enrolled at the Goth Metal School for Pale Young Boys. 

Just now, Biz Prof said:

I'm another proud member of the "I've Never Watched a Single Minute Of...." club. 

And yes, objectively speaking, they're ugly as shite. They belong in the same category as those multi-beveled, insect shaped abominations peddled by Schecter, ESP/LTD, and Ibanez and aimed at students enrolled at the Goth Metal School for Pale Young Boys. 

Hey, now!  There is no reason to insult heavy metal guitars and Scandinavians! 

I've never watched this show because I can't afford HBO, and I'm not motivated enough to find video clips of it online...which probably suits Fender just fine, as I'm not in their marketing demographic for something like this.  I have a dumb question, though: if the show's set in a medieval-type time frame (I don't know what 'Middle Earth' is, and I don't care), what's the matching amp gonna look/be like?  I get the feeling that somebody's eventually gonna wind up using these guitars at Renaissance Fairs or at Comic-Cons.  :rolleyes: :lol:

On 4/16/2019 at 6:28 PM, Steve Haynie said:

I never have watched the show, so I can objectively say, "fugly." 

I agree!! I’ve never seen the show. And they’re not attractive in my eye’s. For that kinda money they should play themselves!! If you have a burning desire to buy one of these I have a much better deal on a Tele w questionable origination and played by a fat old guy!!

2 hours ago, Biz Prof said:

I'm curious where the pride is in this.  For the last week my social media is blowing up with the same kinda thing and I just find it odd that so many are so eager to get it off their chest.  It's not like we're talking Jersey Shore or the Kardashians. FTR, I have watched the start of each season, but didn't make it through to the finale in a few when my interest waned, but I don't find the "OMG watch party" crowd as odd as I find the "UGH eager to distance themselves" crowd.

26 minutes ago, cynic said:

I'm curious where the pride is in this.  For the last week my social media is blowing up with the same kinda thing and I just find it odd that so many are so eager to get it off their chest.  It's not like we're talking Jersey Shore or the Kardashians. FTR, I have watched the start of each season, but didn't make it through to the finale in a few when my interest waned, but I don't find the "OMG watch party" crowd as odd as I find the "UGH eager to distance themselves" crowd.

The pride comes from knowing that if you have watched any of this show, I already know I am better than you.

I'm sorry.  It's science.

2 minutes ago, Studio Custom said:

Things made to be collectable tend to depreciate 90% after purchase. 

Especially in the case of something like this where the collectible guitar is already 90% more expensive than it should be and refers to something totally unrelated to guitars or music.

2 hours ago, cynic said:

I don't find the "OMG watch party" crowd as odd as I find the "UGH eager to distance themselves" crowd.

I'm part of the latter group and find both factions to be odd, yet there is this logical twist: But for the former, the latter would have no raison d'etre. 

1 hour ago, Biz Prof said:

But for the former, the latter would have no raison d'etre

I guess that's my point...the former exists for a purpose, the latter...not so much?

I've not, nor do I want to eat sweet breads, but those that do are the typical food nerd that enjoy talking about it.  What's the point in my taking a super-hero pose atop the dining room table to announce "I'M PROUD TO SAY I'VE NEVER TRIED SWEET BREAD!!".

Of course, I only go on because it's my thread to hijack and it was goofy from the get go.

27 minutes into the premier of Season 8 and there was already a fuck party with 3 hot naked chicks. I screamed out, "TITS!" and had to pause it and give it a golf clap. But, those guitars don't have tits so they are a no for me. 

29 minutes ago, cynic said:

What's the point in my taking a super-hero pose atop the dining room table to announce "I'M PROUD TO SAY I'VE NEVER TRIED SWEET BREAD!!".

Pretty sure I already explained it.  

17 minutes ago, crunchee said:

I'm proud to say that I never watched 'The Apprentice', 'Survivor', 'Jersey Shore', or any other TV 'reality' shows either; the exceptions being goofy video clip shows like 'The Smoking Gun Presents: World's Dumbest...".

I'm proud to say I don't even own a TV mostly because of stupid shows like you mentioned. In the beginning I liked the idea of "Survivor" and thought about trying out for the show. I was in great shape and know how to "survive" and catch little fish to catch bigger fish and could survive in the mud or whatever they threw at you. But then it turned into an obstacle course competition which I probably could have won as well but that just wasn't my thing. Back then I was kind of like that episode of "Gomer Pyle" where he and Sargent Carter actually gained weight on their survival camp week because Gomer knew how to catch rabbits, which by the way, you can't gain weight eating like with most fish. 

I am proud to say I don't give two flying fucks at a rolling donut what almost everyone else has to say.  I like Game of Thrones,  never watched lots of other stuff. I've watched the most ridicules stuff and the "highbrow" stuff.  If you are measuring dicks over a TV show....  

😉

Archived