Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Game of Thrones Guitars??

cynic

1 hour ago, kizanski said:

...then I win.  

Again. 

You are measuring dicks over a tv show.  No way that involves winning.

😉

On 4/18/2019 at 1:11 PM, Ting Ho Dung said:

I'm proud to say I don't even own a TV mostly because of stupid shows like you mentioned. In the beginning I liked the idea of "Survivor" and thought about trying out for the show. I was in great shape and know how to "survive" and catch little fish to catch bigger fish and could survive in the mud or whatever they threw at you. But then it turned into an obstacle course competition which I probably could have won as well but that just wasn't my thing. Back then I was kind of like that episode of "Gomer Pyle" where he and Sargent Carter actually gained weight on their survival camp week because Gomer knew how to catch rabbits, which by the way, you can't gain weight eating like with most fish. 

I remember that episode. I think he managed to catch enough fish for dinner with a stick, his shoestring, and (IIRC) an open safety pin (nope; it was his key ring).

On 4/16/2019 at 1:27 PM, cynic said:

Seriously??

Game of Thrones House Stark, Telecaster - $25,000

yK555wZXapY5XJPPYSnERF-650-80.jpg

Game of Thrones House Lannister, Jaguar - $30,000

DWyeRqTjzWT6tHMsCBY4XK-650-80.jpg

Game of Thrones House Targaryen, Stratocaster - $35,000

jBhSuLAEPfygUMfrosCnYP-650-80.jpg

I find a finish/color/2D graphics treatment pretty lame: Given the beheadings, dragon-induced abductions, amputations, disembowlings, and castrations of the series, and the 3D death metal electric guitars on the market, they could have done much better with more violence and shock value that honors the art design of the series. A stock Strat with a tweed paint job and an oxidized copper finish? Gimme a break! Put the guys to work who came up with the guitars below and work in some catastrophic, irreversibe violence:

17.jpg&f=1 656f65269a59e1a51c3064e336166839.jpg&f=1

a72cd5f6.jpg&f=1

On 4/18/2019 at 3:26 PM, Devnor said:

They are works of art by Ron Thorn.  My one regret was not ordering a Thorn.

They're works of something, that's for sure. RT was assigned these builds by management, so he did his job. 

If Shishkov's older brother crafted these tacky planks of pure folly, the HFC would likely be besides themselves with praise and wonder. Or not...

8 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

I find a finish/color/2D graphics treatment pretty lame: Given the beheadings, dragon-induced abductions, amputations, disembowlings, and castrations of the series, and the 3D death metal electric guitars on the market, they could have done much better with more violence and shock value that honors the art design of the series. A stock Strat with a tweed paint job and an oxidized copper finish? Gimme a break! Put the guys to work who came up with the guitars below and work in some catastrophic, irreversibe violence:

17.jpg&f=1 656f65269a59e1a51c3064e336166839.jpg&f=1

a72cd5f6.jpg&f=1

Well, but those wouldn't appeal to the Fender fan. And the problem with this guitar project is that you have to appeal to Fender fans AND fans of that show AND wealthy people with money to burn on crap no one needs. A market segment with that kind of intersectionality (a term I hesitate to use because I loath the context in which it's usually found) may be difficult to come by. 

On April 18, 2019 at 8:38 AM, kizanski said:

The pride comes from knowing that if you have watched any of this show, I already know I am better than you.

I'm sorry.  It's science.

I was confused by the non sequitur. Predicating the claim of superiority on science made as much sense as declaring, "Twas brillig and the slithy toves Did gyre and gimble in the wabe..." 

13 hours ago, FGJ said:

Well, but those wouldn't appeal to the Fender fan. And the problem with this guitar project is that you have to appeal to Fender fans AND fans of that show AND wealthy people with money to burn on crap no one needs. A market segment with that kind of intersectionality (a term I hesitate to use because I loath the context in which it's usually found) may be difficult to come by. 

And I don't see anything about a conventional Fender guitar that evokes any action or imagery associated with Game of Thrones.

16 hours ago, RobB said:

They're works of something, that's for sure. RT was assigned these builds by management, so he did his job. 

If Shishkov's older brother crafted these tacky planks of pure folly, the HFC would likely be besides themselves with praise and wonder. Or not...

Not.

Clearly Fender is trying to take advantage of the popularity of GOT. Thorn needs to find something to make his mark with Fender and apparently this piqued his interest. For me the guitars are MEH!  But my Thorn Grantura is as good as any guitar I have ever played!

ArnieZ

On 4/20/2019 at 2:57 PM, ArnieZ said:

Thorn needs to find something to make his mark with Fender and apparently this piqued his interest.

Oh, effin BS! He did what was assigned to him by his superiors. 

2 hours ago, edgar_allan_poe said:

If everyone who claimed "I have never seen Game of Thrones" was telling the truth, the show would never have gone to season 2.  rofl.

Not true. There is no shortage of you Dungeons and Dragons playing dweebs out there.  

Archived