Hamer Fan Club Message Center

'92 USA Hamer Chaparral Active Bass Pawnshop Score!!!

I'd been trying to hunt down a good Hamer guitar or bass for a great price for a few years now,but hadn't had any luck.

Well my luck changed today when I stumbled upon this today during my pawnshop rounds.

The neck on this baby is really comfortable and easy to play, and the Active EMG's in this bass sound clear and punchy.

I'm really glad I'm finally able to add a USA Hamer to my collection.

47579789282_aee1471200_c.jpg
46908351774_e7f711496e_b.jpg
40666201553_ea27fdd3ae_c.jpg
40666206493_6c0954d2be_c.jpg
40666212313_08b1ced9dd_c.jpg

7 minutes ago, G Man said:

Nice score!  And if I'm reading that price tag correctly, you stole it.

Almost stole it.

Stealing it would have been getting for the bottom price  of $110,but I paid much higher list price of $190.

Oh well.

The Jedi Master of pawn shop scores strikes again. 

Skip, you might consider documenting your myriad pawn shop treasure finds in a blog. It would make for fascinating reading..

4 minutes ago, Biz Prof said:

The Jedi Master of pawn shop scores strikes again. 

Skip, you might consider documenting your myriad pawn shop treasure finds in a blog. It would make for fascinating reading..

You know, I really thought about that Jon.

I REALLY did, but knowing how much detail I'd go into , I decided against. it.

Knowing me, I'd give up ALL the details of where, and how, and I'd end up giving away all my secrets.

My luck all the guys who are trying to do what I do in this area will take the knowledge and it'll all be over. Ha!

I most likely will do something like this in about another 10 years when I REALLY done picking up deals, or until the pawnshop wells go totally dry.

Then it won't matter how detailed I get because it won't really matter then.

18 minutes ago, Dave Scepter said:

Hey Texsunburst59 whatever happened to that Kramer Baretta?

I still have that beauty.

The Kramer sounds and plays amazing.

Most likely the Kramer is going to be a lifer in my guitar collection.

My son really likes it because it's the only Floyd Rose equipped guitar in our collection.

4 hours ago, killerteddybear said:

Neckthrough? Dibs!

It's not a neck through.

I'm not lucky enough to score a neck through Hamer bass for $190.

Even though it's a lowly bolt-on, it's still a very solid bass.

I haven't put on new strings, got it intonated, or set the action, and it sounds and plays great.

I imagine it's going to be amazing one I've gotten it properly set up.

16 minutes ago, mrjamiam said:

$190 beats the hell out of $350!  Congrats and enjoy!

I forgot about that.

If you have to sell a Hamer to another member on this forum, you have to sell it to them for $350.

So it is a little better deal comparatively speaking. 😉

He shoots!...................... he scores!..........................he wins!.......................... AGAIN!:) Great bass Skip! How do you come up with all these treasures?;) I swear your not only a Musician..................... your a Magician!:lol:

The Chap bass is my favorite bass of all time.  Narrower nut width - very comfortable.  I haven't searched for another bass since I got mine.  That being said, I never find pawn shop deals, or any lucky deals for that matter.  I don't know how the hell you guys do it, especially in the age of internet where it so easy to simply type something in google to get rough estimate values.  Rock on man.

4 hours ago, ARM OF HAMER said:

He shoots!...................... he scores!..........................he wins!.......................... AGAIN!:) Great bass Skip! How do you come up with all these treasures?;) I swear your not only a Musician..................... your a Magician!:lol:

Thanks Gary.

I think the obsessive repetition of doing this all day, 5 days a week,  52 weeks a year, eventually pays off.

I'm basically playing the numbers, and you gotta hit sooner or later.

I think the average guy wouldn't be regimented enough to do this everyday without fail.

It's my main hobby and  LOVE the hunt.

Who doesn't love picking up killer guitars and basses on the cheap to add to their collection?  😀

On 4/18/2019 at 1:48 AM, killerteddybear said:

Neckthrough? Dibs!

You're safe.

There are no neck-through Chap basses.

1 hour ago, cmatthes said:

You're safe.

There are no neck-through Chap basses.

You are correct, I should have said set-neck.
I had use of one for a couple weeks while my neck through Yamaha was getting worked on.
I didn't realize how good it was until I got the Yammy back. I should have bought the Chap, but it was crazy expensive (this was in Canada).

They’re KILLER Basses!

Archived