Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Made in Japan

Side 3 is probably my favorite live album side of all time.

For you whippersnappers who don’t know what an “album side” is, I mean “Strange Kind Of Woman” followed by “Lazy”.

2 hours ago, Rich_S said:

Side 3 is probably my favorite live album side of all time.

For you whippersnappers who don’t know what an “album side” is, I mean “Strange Kind Of Woman” followed by “Lazy”.

I don't think we have any whippersnappers on this forum, lol. We are getting as crusty as The Heritage Forum. 

IMO the purest Deep Purple. 

A few years ago I scored a CD with the original length concert. It has few more songs on it. 

That's Deep Purple in the truest sense. 'Strange Kind of Woman' is it. And live 'Smoke on the Water' handily kills the studio version. Great, great LP.

My fave Purple by far. This album made me a Blackmore fan. His vibrato bar work is stellar and just full of atttitude, as it should be.

Though "Smoke on the water" was the song that got my attention, my first Deep Purple album was "Made in Europe", which is still my favorite album by Purple. But I got the "Made in Japan" album just a short time later and the album is really powerful and raw. I also loved Rainbow's  "On Stage" album, that one is a personal all-time classic for me.

My first DP album was 'Machine Head', followed by 'Burn'.

That 'Made In Japan' just begs for 4:20... Screw you Ting, posting pics like in that other thread. I'm jealous. Random hair sampling really screws things up round here. Sigh. Priorities, ya know.

This is my only Deep Purple album.  I heard it first in 72 or 73.  After that, no other DP album ever flipped my switch.  The live albums of the 70s and 80s are treasures that will never be duplicated.

5 hours ago, DaveH said:

My first DP album was 'Machine Head', followed by 'Burn'.

That 'Made In Japan' just begs for 4:20... Screw you Ting, posting pics like in that other thread. I'm jealous. Random hair sampling really screws things up round here. Sigh. Priorities, ya know.

Ha, I forgot about that other thread. lol

Archived