Hamer Fan Club Message Center

My $100 USA Fender Tele Pawnshop Score!!!

I was doing my normal rounds, when I noticed this on a guitar stand in front of the racks.

I saw the $100 price, but I thought for sure it was an MIM.

Couldn't believe they were asking $100 for it.

Took it to the counter and wanted to haggle because of the scratches and dents around the body.

They said it just came out and they wouldn't budge on the price. I asked for the case and they said it didn't come with one.

I said it should have one, and I wanted  a case.

They looked but couldn't find one.

I told them they owed me one, and I be checking back later for one.

They were OK with that.

I haven't had a chance yet to put is through it's paces, but the neck feels great and it doesn't weight a ton.

I don't normally post a pic of the receipt, but I didn't want anyone to cal BS on me.

40703484883_32e31624c0_c.jpg
40703492363_e2f0de1fe4_z.jpg
46754153405_fc10aa2601_b.jpg
46945760034_5ac86f080f_b.jpg
32727165107_11f9c0eece_b.jpg

How does that happen?  Shop owner's idiot son given more responsibility than he merits?  Employee about to quit sticks it to his asshole boss?    You'd think that if chronic gross Google incompetence were at fault, the shop would go out of business very quickly.

2 hours ago, Biz Prof said:

Looks like a Highway One model. Pretty sweet....especially for the cost of pair of My Pillows!

I just finally found out it IS an '09 Fender Honey Blonde Highway 1 Tele with the very this nitro finish.

I actually thought this was a Special which is worth about $500-600 , but it's a Highway 1, so it's worth about $850 -$950 .

So I guess I did pretty good on this one Jon.

11 minutes ago, kizanski said:

Right.  Because that was in doubt prior to that realization.  

I guess that last line does look pretty silly based on prior info.   😶

Sometimes the ADHD gets the best of me.

I’ll give you $150 for it. And I won’t bug you for a case...  😉

nice score. Looks awesome. 

I don't understand how this could have happened. I haven't found a good deal in a pawn shop since ebay. On top of that the previous owner shouldn't have settled for what he got from the pawn shop. 

But congratulations on your snatch. 

13 hours ago, Texsunburst59 said:

I just finally found out it IS an '09 Fender Honey Blonde Highway 1 Tele with the very this nitro finish.

I actually thought this was a Special which is worth about $500-600 , but it's a Highway 1, so it's worth about $850 -$950 .

So I guess I did pretty good on this one Jon.

And yet, you still wanted to nickel and dime them on a $100 price tag. And why do they owe you a case? It's a pawn shop, not a retail store. The broke, desperate mofo who pawned it probably traded the case for a dime bag, assuming they ever even had one.

1 hour ago, MCChris said:

And yet, you still wanted to nickel and dime them on a $100 price tag. And why do they owe you a case? It's a pawn shop, not a retail store. The broke, desperate mofo who pawned it probably traded the case for a dime bag, assuming they ever even had one.

Too true. $100 is an obscene deal. I would have happily paid that, case or no. It’s an AMAZING PRICE. 

1 minute ago, RobB said:

Too true. $100 is an obscene deal. I would have happily paid that, case or no. It’s an AMAZING PRICE. 

This man was in the GC trenches with me back in the day. Hagglers are jagoffs.

16 hours ago, Texsunburst59 said:

Think again. From eBay:

Blonde 2006 Hwy 1, $1239

Black 2001, $1335.

Daphne Blue 2003, $1018.

Black 2006, $1065.

Black 2006, $1152.65.

...etc.

1 minute ago, MCChris said:

What would those prices be adjusted for inflation?

All the links in that list go to current listings, silly.

Archived