Hamer Fan Club Message Center

My $100 USA Fender Tele Pawnshop Score!!!

26 minutes ago, Carl.B said:

How the hell do the pawn shops in your area stay in business?

I was told that pawnshop don't  rely on the sales of the merchandise that they sell in the store as their main form of income.

The rely WAY more on the pawn tickets being paid on every month.

They want these customers to keep paying and renewing the same pawn tickets over and over and over...........

THAT'S where they make their money.

On 4/23/2019 at 8:18 AM, MCChris said:

And yet, you still wanted to nickel and dime them on a $100 price tag. And why do they owe you a case? It's a pawn shop, not a retail store. The broke, desperate mofo who pawned it probably traded the case for a dime bag, assuming they ever even had one.

Look at it like this..,dude is a fucking hero.....scored a USA Tele for less than 100 bucks...and has the Elephant balls to negotiate a future case.  

Badassery in action. 

35 minutes ago, Jakeboy said:

Look at it like this..,dude is a fucking hero.....scored a USA Tele for less than 100 bucks...and has the Elephant balls to negotiate a future case.  

Badassery in action. 

Hardly, “badassery.” More like, “unthinkable entitlement.”

Just like MY Highway 1 that  I bought off Craigslist a few years back....

I thought I had a good deal at (I think) $600-700. That finish will shine/buff up nicely, but it is THIN.

NICE score......if ya wanna trade necks for a maple board - hit me up, lol.

Skip..........................you really knocked it out of the park with this one! :).........................but I have to say the Black 78 Hamer Sunburst you scored in a trade for a parts bass you got from that same pawn still holds the title does it not? :unsure:

2 hours ago, ARM OF HAMER said:

Skip..........................you really knocked it out of the park with this one! :).........................but I have to say the Black 78 Hamer Sunburst you scored in a trade for a parts bass you got from that same pawn still holds the title does it not? :unsure:

Thanks a lot Gary.

Actually I'd say it's a close tie between the '78 Hamer Black Bound & Crowned Sunburst for $180, and the '74 Fender Sunburst Jazz Bass I picked for $59.95 at the same pawnshop I got the Hamer at.

Some would say the Hamer was a steal and others would say the Fender Jazz was a better one.

I'm just happy I'm able to happen upon killer deals like these.

I'm really glad I'm officially back the Hamer family again. 😀

Here is my MIJ 50th Anniversary Telecaster that I no longer have but I loved how it played and how it looked..! I still have a Reissue Tele but I liked the other a lot more..

Tele 50th MIJ.jpg

Tele 50th MIJ 2.jpg

006.JPG

On 4/22/2019 at 9:42 PM, LordsoftheJungle said:

Makes you wonder what the pawn shop paid for it and why someone would take that piddly amount. Must have been a druggie, pissed off girlfriend, or a thief!

On a Friday before Christmas, I found a Mesa/Boogie DC-10 in like-new condition for $299. I tested it out and everything worked. I bought it on the spot and took it over to my local vintage shop, who looked it up in the Blue Book. It was worth about a grand, and I thought, "If the pawn shop tagged it at $299, then the schmuck who dropped it off must have taken $150 max for it. He might have been able to get double to triple ($300-500) if he'd gone to the vintage shop instead.

On 4/27/2019 at 10:31 PM, RobB said:

Hardly, “badassery.” More like, “unthinkable entitlement.”

FFS, most pawn shops are shrewd as f*ck about every dime that passes through their tight fists. It's not like he's haggling with a group of broke-ass, struggling mf's in a damn Good Will or DAV thrift shop. 

FYI - pawn shops RARELY lose money.

Those "customers" who go into pawn shops know full well there's a financial booty-raping coming and the pawn shop glady puts the wood to them and either lowballs them or makes the desperate fools pay.  So negotiating anything the pawn shops agree to do is absolutely in-bounds and fair game.

11 hours ago, custom53 said:

Here is my MIJ 50th Anniversary Telecaster that I no longer have but I loved how it played and how it looked..! I still have a Reissue Tele but I liked the other a lot more..

Tele 50th MIJ.jpg

Tele 50th MIJ 2.jpg

006.JPG

I'll give you a hundred bucks for it, that's the going rate for USA teles I hear.

11 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

On a Friday before Christmas, I found a Mesa/Boogie DC-10 in like-new condition for $299. I tested it out and everything worked. I bought it on the spot and took it over to my local vintage shop, who looked it up in the Blue Book. It was worth about a grand, and I thought, "If the pawn shop tagged it at $299, then the schmuck who dropped it off must have taken $150 max for it. He might have been able to get double to triple ($300-500) if he'd gone to the vintage shop instead.

Last year I picked up this Mesa Boogie Roadster Dual Recitifier 2x12 Combo for $400. 

On the use market, these are about $1700 or so. Most likely the guy took $200 for it.

34749547752_e19df9afb8_b.jpg

My DC-10 2x12 combo was a perfect match for my Phat Cat/Bigsby Newport. Unbelievable!

5 hours ago, Jakeboy said:

That Peavey half-stack looks cool too!

I Love my Peavey Classic 100...!

Classic 100.jpg

Archived