Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Hamer imports?

10 minutes ago, kizanski said:

With the crappy resale value that the USA Hamers have, there's no point in messing with the imports, imo.

I agree. With used USA models only a few hundred more than a new import, why bother?

17 minutes ago, tubesrus said:

This has probably already been covered but I've been gone; where are the current imports made and are they worth messing with? 

Indonesia, I found and purchased a prototype Echotone on Reverb and its a fine guitar for what it is. Can't speak for the other newer models but the XT Junior from the previous run before Hamer imports were reborn is a really sweet guitar and I have a USA Korina Special Jr. to compare it to which I had to have after owning the XT. Replaced the pickup that was actually quite good on it so for the money buying used you can find one for around $300.  I remember someone else commenting on them after trying them out and thought they were nice for the price compared to other imports. To each his own!

I recently took a curious look at a few Hamer imports at the local GC/SAsh. Solid bang for an import buck. The necks feel clean and comfortable compared to a few of the gibbyfenders hanging at twice the price...

I bought a import Bass Hamer. I thought it was a MIK but I don't recall now.. I did change the pickups on it, and changed the headstock look with my Jump Wings from the Military.. It was a "Slammer" Hamer.. I do like it and the reason I bought it was because I sold my B12-S Hamer Bass and really miss it..

004.JPG

006.JPG

Hamer B12S.jpg

On 4/26/2019 at 5:03 PM, hamerhead said:

I agree. With used USA models only a few hundred more than a new import, why bother?

Because some people would rather acquire several pieces of junk now than wait a couple months to get something better. The entire Epiphone business model is built on this type of consumer.

1 hour ago, Studio Custom said:

Why would I want to support the company that closed Hamer USA down? 

FMIC?

I'd never buy an import of any brand when there are so many used USA guitars on the market for good prices. I realize builders have to offer imports for that kid just starting out, but I'm no longer a kid. My first guitar was a Squire Strat made in Japan I purchased new at GC in the early 80's and it was a great guitar I wish I'd kept. But those days are over for me. I've got three good USA Hamers and that's all the guitar I'll ever need.

I have 5 USA's but recently decided to try the import because - well, $150 doesn't break the bank.

Also for the fun of working on and experimenting with mods, but reading the above comments of waiting and saving just a couple hundred more for a USA, have me feeling like the fool. I've been online looking for these great deals - where are they?! Where are people finding USA's for $300-500? Because I am seriously looking on all of CL, Reverb, Ebay, FB... and other sites, just googling my nads off. Last USA I found under 550, was 25 years ago for 400. These potential deals that under a month ago right here, some say are out there because of the resale being bad, uh WHAT? All the ones I want are advertised for a thousand +/-. Please, I'd be really happy if someone would point me in the right direction towards these USA Hamers I could afford, thx guys. <smiles and hugs to everyone>

I think the 1 or 2 more has more to do with comparing prices of the newest line of imports that are retailing around $750, than used imports. Add a hundred or so to that and it's not that difficult to find a USA Hamer. There's an Eclipse on Reverb under 5, and I passed on a Centura that could be bought for 450-500 but the seller was really looking for trades. (now on ebay for 600) Of the 23 USA Hamers I'm watching on Ebay right now, 10 could be had for less than $1000.00. Reverb is about the same.

I don't think I 'd shell out the greens for a new import (any brand) but if I found one of those Korina Monaco wraptails sitting in a used rack, I'm sure I would take a look. 

https://reverb.com/item/19743050-hamer-eclipse-electric-guitar-with-mini-humbuckers-red

https://www.ebay.com/itm/123756574943?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

Most of the ones I want are thousands of dollars too. But there are still some around.

D.

Thx Hbom, yep , figured my mentioned price of $150 for each import, would definitely describe a USED price. I wouldn't buy an import new. Oh hell no, that's crazy.But, to find any USA for under $600 is rare. The Junior maybe, but not interested in that.

3 hours ago, Hbom said:

I think the 1 or 2 more has more to do with comparing prices of the newest line of imports that are retailing around $750, than used imports. Add a hundred or so to that and it's not that difficult to find a USA Hamer. There's an Eclipse on Reverb under 5, and I passed on a Centura that could be bought for 450-500 but the seller was really looking for trades. (now on ebay for 600) Of the 23 USA Hamers I'm watching on Ebay right now, 10 could be had for less than $1000.00. Reverb is about the same.

I don't think I 'd shell out the greens for a new import (any brand) but if I found one of those Korina Monaco wraptails sitting in a used rack, I'm sure I would take a look. 

https://reverb.com/item/19743050-hamer-eclipse-electric-guitar-with-mini-humbuckers-red

https://www.ebay.com/itm/123756574943?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

Most of the ones I want are thousands of dollars too. But there are still some around.

D.

The reverb link is for a used Korean eclipse. I have 2 of those and total price for both was less than half of the asking price for that one.  

Well, cool. I guess I just keep searching like I always have.

Th last US Hamer I bought was on this Forum a couple years ago. I'm sure many of the long-timers know the one. A light metallic green SS1, from a member here. it was up for while and his child had called it mint chocolate chip. I forget the guy's name but he was cool.

10 hours ago, Carl.B said:

The reverb link is for a used Korean eclipse.

Another example of why you won't see me posting in Mr. Moseley's 40 years of sobriety thread.

Archived