Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Met a fellow HFCer today in Akron.

Ventured down to Akron this afternoon after my church gig for a guitar show. Saw someone wearing a Hamer shirt . I walked up and casually asked if he was a member of the HFC. His reply was," yes, I'm DeVai on the board." Turns out we live about 15 mins. from each other. Nice to meet you, Wayne. 

Of note. A guy had a '90 Chaparral Elite in pink granite. Showed it's age. But not completely abused. He was asking $1500.00. I passed but took his info just in case.

-Bobby

It was great to find someone with the same passion for a guitar brand so close to my home. We will have to get together some time. PM sent. 

It’s always cool to meet fellow HFCers. I met 901gtr and Boundandcrowned at a guitar show the other day. We had a great time surrounded by billions worth of Gibson’s and Fenders, enjoying Bernie Marsden et al. playing. Great time!

I've never met another person who plays Hamers; I'm not sure if I've met anyone (in person) who even knows what they are outside of those who worked at small dealers that carried the brand back in the day. 

4 hours ago, FGJ said:

I've never met another person who plays Hamers; I'm not sure if I've met anyone (in person) who even knows what they are outside of those who worked at small dealers that carried the brand back in the day. 

That’s really sad!

Well to be honest, I bought my Cali brand new back in 1989, and I wasn't even familiar with the brand when I bought it (my buddy worked at a small music shop and brought it out to show me and sold it to me at their cost, which still seemed like a lot of money for me at the time). I just started playing again about eight or nine years ago, at which point I went online to research Hamer because I knew nothing about my own guitar. I was happy to find that Hamer was as cool as it was. In any case, if I knew nothing about Hamer while owning one, I guess I shouldn't be too surprised that a lot of people don't know about them. Plus, when they were in their heyday, my friends and I would have been too young and poor to afford one. It would be equivalent to a high school kid today not knowing what a Suhr is when it's unlikely that he'll ever encounter one at his local GC (though the Internet may have changed things to where people are more aware of things beyond their local retailer).

Archived