Hamer Fan Club Message Center

I've found the perfect combination for me...

cmatthes

Thanks to Jamie, Bubs and everybody else who took such good care of this 3M Sock Monkey before it came to its final resting place with me and Sishkov #0066.  

My Shishkov DC n 3MSM.jpg

I know you’ve wanted one! I nearly pulled the trigger but I am amp rich at the moment.

How do those Trons sound spankin’ that Monkey?

1 hour ago, Jakeboy said:

How do those Trons sound spankin’ that Monkey?

I've got 3 PowerTrons in there, so they do a nice humbucking sound, but are rounder and clearer to my ears.  I worked with Mike for a 25.5" and the 3 Trons/Blade switch to cover my Strat sounds, which this does beyond well, and with no hum/noise.  I REALLY like the shimmer between this amp and that guitar.  It sounds better to my ears than my Strats/Daytonas straight in, and also works well with some pedals in particular.

Lots of playing around ahead with this setup!

I bet! Can you post a clip showing how the  classic Strat in-between positions sound? Neck/middle and middle/neck? Do they retain that Strat quacky thing?

23 minutes ago, Jakeboy said:

I bet! Can you post a clip showing how the  classic Strat in-between positions sound? 

@cmatthes is right now digging around for his Red Wings cap, shorts and hoodie...

• 3 weeks later...

I've kept amps because they sounded good with just one guitar.  But I won't keep a guitar that only sounds good with one amp, if that makes sense.

That's a "desert island" combo there, Mr. Matthes. 

On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 9:34 AM, kizanski said:

@cmatthes is right now digging around for his Red Wings cap, shorts and hoodie...

He knows where they are.  And his buddy and yours in Florida knows where his Penguins jersey is.  In the closet until next year...

Nah.  I'd never wear a Red Wings anything, much less a sleeveless hoodie!  :D

(And like Dave, my Caps stuff is tucked away until October.)

• 3 weeks later...

Oh, I am certain that Shishkov solves any playability issues! Playability is why I am on the list  again. 0006 plays better (for me) than any guitar I have ever touched from 1978 till now.

And to be honest, I am in for the entire Shish package: playability, looks, CRAFTSMANSHIP, everything....

1 hour ago, Jakeboy said:

And to be honest, I am in for the entire Shish package: playability, looks, CRAFTSMANSHIP, everything....

Not to mention what a great person Mike is to deal with. AWESOME!!!

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Not sure - they were never a high-volume builder, but that 18/12 is the perfect combo amp for me these days.

11 hours ago, gtrdaddy said:

You have S/N 2

...a little bonus I forgot to tell you about.

Really?

I don't know that I've ever looked at that!  My Grease Monkey is Serial #001...a theme?

• 6 months later...

I don't have any 3 Monkeys amps, but keeping with the perfect combination for me theme... 

this pair is killing it.  Amp is 4x6V6 with Ben's Blackbird circuit on ch1 and VOS circuit on ch2.  I've had it for 14 years, can't be dethroned.

wFiztaS.jpg

Archived