Hamer Fan Club Message Center

I win

3 minutes ago, Steve Haynie said:

A black Newport! 

What happened was I bought a blingier Newport and really liked it but the victory inlays etc. arent exactly my cup of tea. I hung it up on my wall and stood there looking at it, I honestly said out loud "I love this guitar, too bad its not black with dots.".  The very next day I saw this one on Reverb. Black with dots.  I didnt know they even made Newports in black. So I had to have it, that being a sign n all. Fortunately I'm not married so I can get away with this shit.   :)

1 hour ago, Punkavenger said:

What happened was I bought a blingier Newport and really liked it but the victory inlays etc. arent exactly my cup of tea. I hung it up on my wall and stood there looking at it, I honestly said out loud "I love this guitar, too bad its not black with dots.".  The very next day I saw this one on Reverb. Black with dots.  I didnt know they even made Newports in black. So I had to have it, that being a sign n all. Fortunately I'm not married so I can get away with this shit.   :)

Black wth dots is where it’s at. You, sir, have my admiration. 

I am also not all about the bling. Maybe a nice Birdseye with dots, but that’s about it...

20 hours ago, Travis said:

Black wth dots is where it’s at. You, sir, have my admiration. 

I am also not all about the bling. Maybe a nice Birdseye with dots, but that’s about it...

I do like crowns and boomerangs but those victory inlays ... perhaps an acquired taste ?  :)

I remember Tonejunkee having one way back. Haven't seen him around in many years, but I always loved that look. Congrats Punk - that is badass!!

34 minutes ago, gwayne said:

I remember Tonejunkee having one way back. Haven't seen him around in many years, but I always loved that look. Congrats Punk - that is badass!!

I've got that one.

3 hours ago, hanspanzer said:

Black Newport is rad! There is a natural one for sale in Norway these days. 12000 nok, approx $1380. What did it cost from Denmark? 

https://www.finn.no/bap/forsale/ad.html?finnkode=146055917

https://reverb.com/item/21400231-hamer-newport-pro-2005-natural-very-clean-100-flawless-operation-hamer-usa-case-free-shippi

here is one from BCR Greg for $1499 ... looks sweet!   

He lists it as a Newport Pro though.  I thought the regular Newports had the P90's and  the Newport Pros had the Seth Lovers. I dunno, I'm new to the Newport. Also notice the 3 knobs and 3 way switch. Mine has just tone and volume plus 3 way switch. I think it looks cleaner/ more classic. Fortunately no need for two volume controls or two tone controls as neck and bridge pickups are perfectly balanced. 

As far as $$$ is concerned I got what I thought was a fair price but shipping and BROKERAGE FEES (which I knew nothing about) ended up being around $300. I doubt if I will be having anymore guitars shipped from Europe anytime soon  :)

Here's another pic from Reverb  ... one of these days I might take better pics but Im not that concerned about it   :)

The rosewood fretboard is of a medium darkness which normally I might have an issue with, but it is nicely figured and contrasts with the black of the body.  I got the impression that whoever built this guitar put some thought into it. 

newport pro .jpg

Black Newports rawk...

HamerNewportTron08.jpg

On 5/4/2019 at 4:58 AM, Punkavenger said:

I heard he has 5 Newports  

Don’t need them all, but if I had seen this one....

Archived