Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Hamer Cali

14o0ku0.jpg

I had to go out of town for work and ran across this on the local CL. It plays wicked, I just love it. It smells like smoke still, although not as bad as when I got it.  I may swap out the chrome for black, I’m pretty lazy though.  

Sorry i I put this in the wrong area, I’m not sure how to move it  

Nice score!!! Agree with you on the black hardware.

I've always wanted a maple boarded Cali but they're real hard to find. Especially with boomers. So I had a couple made. :D 

My second Hamer ever was a short scale set neck chap with dot inlays that had been stripped of its finish entirely. Smelled of smoke hardcore when I got it and still a few years later when I eventually sold it. Maybe it just soaked into the wood and you’ll be able to get rid of the smell because the finish is protecting it. Either way, nice axe. Love the maple neck. 

19 hours ago, Bacon said:

I like that vintage copper, may be hard to find tuners that match though. 

No, Hamer used Schaller M6 mini tuning gears. Those are available in vintage copper finish.

Schaller_M6mini_copper.jpg

I usually only like black, but that copper color is nice!  But if those are just schaller tuners, I already have everything for a swap to black so I will prob go that way, if I ever get around to it. 

I really love the way it plays. And it sounds so good too. 

4 hours ago, Bacon said:

I really love the way it plays. And it sounds so good too. 

Then leave it alone. It's becoming harder to find original, unmolested Calis of late. You'll dump $350+ into the hardware conversion to what end? Because you like the LOOK of black parts? It may not turn out appreciably better than the stock parts. But, by all means, it is your guitar and you can do whatcha like.

Archived