Hamer Fan Club Message Center

I just bought this!

https://reverb.com/item/23177783-hamer-t-62-1992-white

Expensive, yes 😗, but I have been looking for one of these in this color and in condition since.... forever! Less than 7 lbs, excellent frets... this makes it my first Hamer in more than ten years, and the second T-62 in my position. 

Life IS good!

3 hours ago, Jorge said:

https://reverb.com/item/23177783-hamer-t-62-1992-white

Expensive, yes 😗, but I have been looking for one of these in this color and in condition since.... forever! Less than 7 lbs, excellent frets... this makes it my first Hamer in more than ten years, and the second T-62 in my position. 

Life IS good!

This was exactly my thinking with the 2001 Artist Custom I bought last month, and I'm not sorry! If it brings you HALF as much pleasure as my new companion is bringing me, it was a bargain! Enjoy!!!

Not to piss on your parade (congrats BTW) but this post is in the wrong thread- try the message board!

1 hour ago, diablo175 said:

Not to piss on your parade (congrats BTW) but this post is in the wrong thread- try the message board!

Sorry, you are correct. If I kind moderator decided to move it, that´s alright.

26 minutes ago, Marvelicious said:

Yep, wrong forum, but I'm curious... What's the fretboard radius like on those? Most of Hamer's takes on Fender stuff are flatter than I like on my Teles and Strats... Is it different than the Daytona? 

It's 14", same as the Daytona. Thinner neck on average, though... which I prefer.

3 hours ago, FGJ said:

Exactly what's the difference between this and the Daytona? I sort of assumed they were the same thing, being the only Strat-clone Hamer made.

The T62's have a smaller body than a Daytona (strat). The one I had was brighter than any strat I've played. Strats are usually bright, but they also have "body" to their tone and a bit of a natural "sag". Mine lacked that traditional strat tone. It sounded more modern. Very tight and fast in it's response. A bit metallic in it's sound (some might call it thin). I could never get that bluesy, or more raw, strat tone I was looking for (Hendrix, Ron Wood, John Frusciante, Joe Perry, Brad Withford are some my favourite strat players when it comes to strat tones). I loved the playability of the T62. The necks are thin and works great for me. Mine was very light and easy to play. But I changed pickups on it and could still never get the fatter, warmer, more vintage sound I was looking for.

I think it might be the ABM two point tremolo that contributes much to it's tone, as I felt it lacked body to it's tone the same way a Floyd Rose guitar does.

If you are a into more high gain styles, more of a shredder or play with a lot of effects, and like Floyd Rose guitars then I think you'd really like T62. 

If you are more of a guitar, cable, amp player, like me, then I think a more traditional strat is the way to go. Or the Monaco III, which is what I use for strat tones these days. It's like a a super fat strat, and it has got tone in spades.

I'd say the T62 is more close to the Vintage S than the Daytona.

4 hours ago, Disturber said:

The T62's have a smaller body than a Daytona (strat). The one I had was brighter than any strat I've played. Strats are usually bright, but they also have "body" to their tone and a bit of a natural "sag". Mine lacked that traditional strat tone. It sounded more modern. Very tight and fast in it's response.

Interesting, thanks. I´ll see when it gets here. The other T-62 I have (also a '92) is a great "Strat", with plenty of low-mid growl, and similar to the many Daytonas I've had through the years (only one at the same time, though). I've had three Tom Anderson Classics as well, with pretty similar tone, and I believe body on those is very similar to T-62s in size. Cheers.

33 minutes ago, Jorge said:

Interesting, thanks. I´ll see when it gets here. The other T-62 I have (also a '92) is a great "Strat", with plenty of low-mid growl, and similar to the many Daytonas I've had through the years (only one at the same time, though). I've had three Tom Anderson Classics as well, with pretty similar tone, and I believe body on those is very similar to T-62s in size. Cheers.

Well I only played two T62's in my life. The one I had, which I base my experiences from. And Conrads. I assume every T62 sound and feel a bit different, just as any other guitar model does. Glad your have one with "low mid growl", sounds like a keeper!

Those were designed more to be a "hi-fi", higher performance version of a Strat, but more refined than the superstrats of the era (and a few years before).  This was from the days of banks of rack-mounted effects and massive floor controllers.  I never really thought of these guitars as a Guitar>Cable>Amp kind of deal.

• 1 month later...
On 5/4/2019 at 1:12 PM, Hbom said:

Congrats Jorge! I hope it plays as good as it looks.

It does! 

It finally got to me (South America, and all...). And the thing is unbelievable. Plays incredible, and it seems like nobody touched it since 1992 (the year I decided to get iinto guitar and out of drums, and also when I first learned about Hamer from a glowing review -of a different model though- on Guitar Player Magazine). My other T-62 (sunburst) is also a '92.

The rest of the band loved it. 

As Gene correctly says: life IS good! :) 

Archived