Jump to content
Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

https://reverb.com/item/23177783-hamer-t-62-1992-white

Expensive, yes ūüėó, but I have been looking for one of these in this color and in¬†condition since.... forever! Less than 7 lbs, excellent frets... this makes it my first Hamer in more than ten years, and the second T-62 in my position.¬†

 

Life IS good!

 

 

Edited by Jorge
Bad English :)
  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats Jorge! I hope it plays as good as it looks.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

beautifull guitar and perfect color

love it!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jorge said:

https://reverb.com/item/23177783-hamer-t-62-1992-white

Expensive, yes ūüėó, but I have been looking for one of these in this color and in¬†condition since.... forever! Less than 7 lbs, excellent frets... this makes it my first Hamer in more than ten years, and the second T-62 in my position.¬†

 

Life IS good!

 

 

This was exactly my thinking with the 2001 Artist Custom I bought last month, and I'm not sorry! If it brings you HALF as much pleasure as my new companion is bringing me, it was a bargain! Enjoy!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not to piss on your parade (congrats BTW) but this post is in the wrong thread- try the message board!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great guitars T62’s.  So versatile and beautifully made with top notch materials and appointments.

They’re super light too!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, love the neck on that. Congrats. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, wrong forum, but I'm curious... What's the fretboard radius like on those? Most of Hamer's takes on Fender stuff are flatter than I like on my Teles and Strats... Is it different than the Daytona? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, diablo175 said:

Not to piss on your parade (congrats BTW) but this post is in the wrong thread- try the message board!

 

Sorry, you are correct. If I kind moderator decided to move it, that¬īs alright.

26 minutes ago, Marvelicious said:

Yep, wrong forum, but I'm curious... What's the fretboard radius like on those? Most of Hamer's takes on Fender stuff are flatter than I like on my Teles and Strats... Is it different than the Daytona? 

It's 14", same as the Daytona. Thinner neck on average, though... which I prefer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Exactly what's the difference between this and the Daytona? I sort of assumed they were the same thing, being the only Strat-clone Hamer made.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FGJ said:

Exactly what's the difference between this and the Daytona? I sort of assumed they were the same thing, being the only Strat-clone Hamer made.

The T62's have a smaller body than a Daytona (strat). The one I had was brighter than any strat I've played. Strats are usually bright, but they also have "body" to their tone and a bit of a natural "sag". Mine lacked that traditional strat tone. It sounded more modern. Very tight and fast in it's response. A bit metallic in it's sound (some might call it thin). I could never get that bluesy, or more raw, strat tone I was looking for (Hendrix, Ron Wood, John Frusciante, Joe Perry, Brad Withford are some my favourite strat players when it comes to strat tones). I loved the playability of the T62. The necks are thin and works great for me. Mine was very light and easy to play. But I changed pickups on it and could still never get the fatter, warmer, more vintage sound I was looking for.

I think it might be the ABM two point tremolo that contributes much to it's tone, as I felt it lacked body to it's tone the same way a Floyd Rose guitar does.

If you are a into more high gain styles, more of a shredder or play with a lot of effects, and like Floyd Rose guitars then I think you'd really like T62. 

 If you are more of a guitar, cable, amp player, like me, then I think a more traditional strat is the way to go. Or the Monaco III, which is what I use for strat tones these days. It's like a a super fat strat, and it has got tone in spades.

I'd say the T62 is more close to the Vintage S than the Daytona.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Disturber said:

The T62's have a smaller body than a Daytona (strat). The one I had was brighter than any strat I've played. Strats are usually bright, but they also have "body" to their tone and a bit of a natural "sag". Mine lacked that traditional strat tone. It sounded more modern. Very tight and fast in it's response.

Interesting, thanks. I¬īll see when it gets here. The other T-62 I have (also a '92) is a great "Strat", with plenty of low-mid growl, and similar to the many Daytonas I've had through the years (only one at the same time, though). I've had three Tom Anderson Classics as well, with pretty similar tone, and I believe body on those is very similar to T-62s in size. Cheers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Jorge said:

Interesting, thanks. I¬īll see when it gets here. The other T-62 I have (also a '92) is a great "Strat", with plenty of low-mid growl, and similar to the many Daytonas I've had through the years (only one at the same time, though). I've had three Tom Anderson Classics as well, with pretty similar tone, and I believe body on those is very similar to T-62s in size. Cheers.

Well I only played two T62's in my life. The one I had, which I base my experiences from. And Conrads. I assume every T62 sound and feel a bit different, just as any other guitar model does. Glad your have one with "low mid growl", sounds like a keeper!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if that's the one I used to own. It didn't speak to me at the time, but I bet I'd get a lot more out of it today.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those were designed more to be a "hi-fi", higher performance version of a Strat, but more refined than the superstrats of the era (and a few years before).  This was from the days of banks of rack-mounted effects and massive floor controllers.  I never really thought of these guitars as a Guitar>Cable>Amp kind of deal.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/4/2019 at 1:12 PM, Hbom said:

Congrats Jorge! I hope it plays as good as it looks.

It does! 

It finally got to me (South America, and all...). And the thing is unbelievable. Plays incredible, and it seems like nobody touched it since 1992 (the year I decided to get iinto guitar and out of drums, and also when I first learned about Hamer from a glowing review -of a different model though- on Guitar Player Magazine). My other T-62 (sunburst) is also a '92.

The rest of the band loved it. 

As Gene correctly says: life IS good! :) 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...